Chapter 44

" You're acting too clingy! " I groaned again, Gajeel thought it was a great idea to drape himself over my back and might I say. HE WAS HEAVY! I sighed, it was like this for a while. We were down the street from our job request, a village in need of help to exterminate a monster than has been terrorizing their crops and animals. Gajeel was being his stubborn self and decided it was a great idea to let me do all the walking, how great of an idea was that? He was literally made of steel.

" Gajeel~ " He grumbled before finally settling on his own two feet, letting out a chuckle and ruffling the top of my head. " Don't act so clingy in front of our boss. " I pointed my finger at Gajeel and walked ahead. We approached the small village known as Tuly. I heard Gajeel follow behind me as his boots skidded against the gravel road. When finally walking past the first two houses we were getting noticed by the town's people and were greeted by a woman who had run down the road towards us with the bright smile on her face. " You're the wizards from Fairy Tail? " Gajeel grumbled and crossed his arms over his chest. I rolled my eyes at the pouting dragon and nodded at the lady.

" Great! We really thank you again for taking this job. Doris has been very active lately. " I tilted my head and tighten my cape around myself since the air was cool and today was a windy day. " Doris? " The woman laughed and led us towards a big house that seemed to be towering over the others. " Doris is what the locals call her. " What a strange name to call a monster. " She likes to come out at night so my job is to show you your rooms, oh, unless you'd like to share one. " I opened my mouth but was stopped once Gajeel wrapped and arm around my shoulder and let out his unique chuckle. " We'll share one. " He wiggled his eyebrows and smirked back at the woman. She cleared her throat awkwardly. " O-oh of course. Are you two? "

" It's complicated. " I chuckled awkwardly and shrugged off his arm. The woman led us down a dark hallway before showing us a room towards the end. She cleared her throat and showed off the room as if it was some type of award. " Here's your room, I'll come to get you for dinner then we'll show you the ropes. " I flashed a looked towards Gajeel who immediately ruffled my hair before using his elbow to lean off my shoulder. " Thank you very much. " She smiled and bowed before scuttling back down the hallway. " You're annoying. " Gajeel smirked and opened the door for the two of us. " Lay with me. " Gajeel threw his small bag on the floor and instantly flopped on the bed. I crossed my arms and stood in front of the bed. " Who knew the all mightly black steel Gajeel liked cuddling? " He smirked and patted the bed beside him. I rolled my eyes and took the spot, he chuckled and pulled me to be squished up beside him. I laid my head on his stomach and yawned. " How long have you known? " 

Gajeel shifted in his spot. " Since we first met. " I narrowed my eyes and turned my head to look at the black-haired dragon slayer. " And you didn't plan to tell me sooner? " He sighed and leaned back into the pillow, I took the ability to grab his covered hand and play with his fingers while we sat in silence. I sighed once he didn't answer. I continued to trail my fingers along with the gloves on his hand. " Do you want kids? "

That's the end of this rather short chapter!
I've had a very hard time with quarantine and writing and everything, but I'm trying my hardest to get back in with my old routine. I hope every one of you is staying safe and healthy and I hope you wash your hands!
Pt 2 will be out tomorrow.
Bye my unicorns XOXO