Chapter 41

" It looks good on you. " I smiled at Natsu through the mirror, fixing my hair with Natsu leaning against the back of my chair and his arms wrapped around my shoulder. He was admiring the scale that was placed on the crook of his neck, it was a bright sky blue. The scale left on my neck was orange. " I love you. " He nuzzled into my neck and sniffed my hair. " I love you too. " I let out a small laugh and stood up, pushing in my chair. I changed into a new pair of clothes and began collecting my things, preparing to go meet a new dragon slayer. " You're going to Fairy Tail, right? " He nodded and smiled. " I might go on a mission with my team. " I smiled and hung my bag over my shoulder, he immediately went to my aid and grabbed my bag. " I'll carry it! " He took the bag from me and followed me downstairs. We put or shoes on before exiting the door and walking down the street. Once we stopped at the place we'd go our separate ways he handed me my bag and pulled me into a hug. He smiled into the hold once I wrapped my arms around his muscular frame. " I'll see you later right? " I pulled away slightly and looked up at the fire dragon slayer. " Of course. Have fun on your mission okay? " He smiled cheekly before nodding. We stayed in the hold for a few more seconds before he pulled away for good. Giving me a happy wave before running down the street in a fit of excitement.

I let out a laugh, watching his frame disappear from afar. I smiled and turned the other way. I held my bag over my shoulder and made my way to my mates house. Who was the next mate to see? Well he's a master at lightning magic. I guess I blanked out once I was in front of his door. Is scent was inside but the house seemed dark and quiet. I twisted the doorknob expecting it to be locked but shocked when it wasnt. He usually locked his door. The wooden door creaked open. I followed his scent to his bedroom. In the room laid a lump of blankets. Wait, was Laxus nesting or am I just an idiot? " Laxus? " I hesitantly walked towards the lump, I took two steps before a small stand of blond hair had peeked out from under one of the blankets. He widened his eyes and slowly moved our from under the blanket. " Y/N! " I stepped back cautiously. He widened his eyes and slowly retracted his hand that was reaching out for me. His hand shakily moved back to his side, which seemed to have taken a lot of effort. He let out a small whimper and slowly melted into his blankets. I slowly walked over and sat on the edge of the bed.

" Why didn't you tell me?  " He opened his mouth, unsure of what to say. " I guess I was scared? " That seemed almost unsure, I let out a laugh and sunk my bottom into the blankets. " The great Laxus Dreyer? Afraid? I smell bull. " He laughed at my joke and smiled. " I accept you by the way. " He looked up at me, a smile spreading across his face. " Really? " I let out a hum and kicked off my boots, in the process crawling under the nest of blankets. " Can we go out later? "

I stared up at his ceiling before flashing a smile at Laxus. " Yeah? Where would you like to go? " I shrugged. He pulled me closer and wrapped his arms around me. Laying his head on my shoulder. " I got an idea. Just lay with me for awhile. "

That's the end of this chapter!
Bye my Unicorns XOXO