Chapter 38

**Kylies POV**

I woke up and looked over to the clock it was 9am, today was the day that I've been dreading all month...March, 13, my birthday.

Normally I would be excited for my birthday but thanks to Bobby I wasn't. Bobby hadn't brought up the whole Adrian meeting Anne thing until I told him I wanted to spend my birthday with Adrian. Of course he suggested to Anne that we have a birthday dinner for me, and we should invite Adrian. She said it was a good idea. It took me awhile but I convinced her to let me invite Bella, Ryan, Chase, and Michael over, at least Adrian wouldn't be alone.

But this wasn't the only reason why I was dreading today. Last week the Doctor told me that I was fine to resume my normal activity, which made Adrian very happy. I wasn't too thrilled though, because that meant that Adrian would see me...naked. He hasn't really seen me naked since before everything, and there are a lot of scars on my chest and stomach that are still fading.

Victor was torturing me making sure he covered as much as he could in shallow cuts. If it wasn't for Adrian saving me, im sure he would have never stopped.

The scars were fading quickly, but I could still see them there haunting me. I just didn't feel beautiful, not that I really did in the first place. But it just made everything worse.

What would Adrian think when he saw them? Would he think I was ugly? Would they remind him of his past?

But the problem hadn't arisen because Adrian has been very busy. He got a job as a mechanic down at the auto shop, he was good at it and he liked it a lot.

Now I was going to have to deal with it tonight, and I was extremely nervous.

Other than the few nightmares and the fading scars, there wasn't much to remind be of that horrible night a few months ago.

Things have been going well for me, and I was finally happy. I wasn't going to let anything ruin it for me.

We celebrated Adrian's birthday last month, and I thought I did a pretty good job with his presents. I got him all these new parts for his bike, which he was complaining about replacing a while ago. Then I had dinner with his brothers and we spent the night just talking and it was amazing.

When I finally decided to get up from my bed, I noticed something on the seat by the window.

It was a red velvet cupcake with cheese cream icing and a candle was sticking out of it, and by it was a note.

'Kylie, Happy Birthday. This is part one of your gift, I'll see you tonight. Love A.'

I couldn't help but let out a little squeak of happiness, maybe today wasn't going to be as bad as I thought.

***

As I walked down the steps I could hear Bobby talking with Anne in the kitchen as they set the table.

"Hey Birthday girl." I heard Bobby say, as I walked into the kitchen.

"You look nice." Anne said to me with a smile.

I was wearing a knit tan sweater with a lighter tan scarf, skinny jeans, and tan uggs.

(OUTFIT ON SIDE-->)

"Thanks." I said.

"I can't believe your already 17, I remember when you used to run around in your diapers." Anne said as she started to tear up.

"Come on ma, not again. You did this, this morning." Bobby said.

"I know but I can't help it. My babies are growing up." She said as she put a hand over her mouth as she tried not to cry.