Chapter 30

**Adrian's POV**

"So how did the meeting with Kev go?" Chase asked as soon as I stepped inside.

"Getting right to point aren't we?" I asked, trying to delay this conversation.

"Come on Adrian what happened?" Chase asked me.

I ran my hand through my hair and let out a sigh.

"He wants me to break his sister's heart, so she leaves town." I said reluctantly.

Chase looked at me in disbelief.

"I knew this wasn't going to be a good idea. You know me Adrian, and I'm the first person that would make you do this if it meant us being free from Victor. But, I just don't have a good feeling about this. You worked too hard to be happy with Kylie, and to be honest she doesn't deserve this." Chase said seriously.

I knew everything he said was true, but I just couldn't get the picture of having a normal life with Kylie out of my head.

"Your right, but I agreed to do this." I said.

"What are you supposed to do about Kylie? She understanding but I don't think she would understand this." Chase said.

"Well I don't know..." I said.

"You got to tell her, she deserves to know man." Chase said.

"I know that..."

"This is some seriously messed up shit, and I feel sorry for you bro. But just don't mess it up with Kylie." Chase said as he got up from the couch and walked up the stairs.

I knew what I had to do. I was going to have to try to explain this to Kylie, no matter how hard it may be. If she loves me, and I know she does, then she will understand.

***

I barely went to sleep that night; I kept tossing and turning in my bed. Not having Kylie there by my side was messing with me. Also I was having terrible nightmares. I would dream of living in a small house with Kylie somewhere far away. We were sitting outside on the porch just drinking coffee and talking about little things. We were happy, until Victor, Kevin, Michelle, and a group of unfamiliar faces would come, and the image of our perfect life was quickly distorted.

I woke up several times in the middle of the night out of breath, sweat dripping down my body. I was terrified of that dream; I never ever wanted to have to think about that again.

When I woke up it was 9:30am, it was Sunday morning which meant tonight was my date with Kylie. Which also meant that I was supposed to tell her about my little arrangement with Kevin.

I had no idea how I was going to do this, I couldn't tell Kylie any of my past secrets, and how was I supposed to tell her a present one.

Tonight I was going to take Kylie out on an amazing date, one that she would always remember. Maybe we could pretend for a few hours that everything's perfect, and the many secrets that I hid from her didn't exist. And after having an amazing night with the most amazing girl, I would tell her something that might ruin it all.

**Kylies POV**

It was 9:30am, when I woke up to the sun shining through my window.

I had a horrible night. Lying in my bed felt cold and alone, I was so used to having Adrian's strong arms hold me tightly against him making me feel warm and safe.

I missed him so much, I haven't seen him since yesterday morning, but still it was a long time for us. We had been spending most of our time together for the past 2 weeks.