Chapter 36

{IMPORTANT A/N AT THE BOTTOM PLEASE READ}

**Kylies POV**

As my eyes fluttered open, the first thing I noticed was Adrian standing a few feet away from me. My heart immediately was consumed in warmth and love. I forgot about everything that happened between us, because at the moment nothing else mattered to me but him.

It took my brain a while to register everything else about the situation. I could feel the pressure around my neck, and the sharp cold blade pressed right against my jugular. I could see the people that surrounded me, one of them being Adrian.

When I finally realized what was going on I began to panic, everything was blurry. I could feel the light headedness settling in.

"Well that's a chance I'm willing to take..." I heard Victor say...

Then everything went black.

**Adrian's POV**

As Kevin and Victor were talking, I was preparing myself for what I was about to do...

I looked over to Chase, who shook his head. He knew exactly what I wanted to do. I wasn't going to let Kevin take this Chance with Kylie's life, even if it means that I would take a chance with my own.

"Well that's a chance I'm willing to take..." I was ready for him.

But before I even got a chance to risk my own life, it was over.

Everything was over...

***

I heard the shot, and my heart immediately stopped. I didn't know what happened, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to know.

I felt everything come crashing down. I didn't want to have to go through the pain of losing her, I couldn't deal with that.

In that moment I came to the bitter sweet realization that I needed Kylie in my life more than anything in the world. I didn't give a shit anymore; I was going to be selfish. If I had the opportunity to be with her again, I would.

"Adrian!" I heard Michael shout, and I was immediately brought back to reality.

All I saw in my field of vision was Kylie sitting on that chair, with blood dripping from her neck.

I didn't even have enough time to look at Victor's lifeless body, lying on the floor in his own puddle of blood, because I ran to Kylie.

Nothing else around me mattered. I couldn't tell you what anyone else was doing because I didn't care. Some random guy could have shot me in the back and I wouldn't even know because I was down on my knees saving the women I loved.

I took my pocket knife out of my back pocket flipped it open, and quickly began to cut the brown ropes that were wrapped around Kylie.

Once I cut all the ropes I lifted Kylie up in my arms bridal style and stared at her bruised and battered face. I can't even attempt to explain the way I felt.

I took her in my arms and quickly walked towards the stairs, ignoring the tears that were running down my face.

"Adrian!" I heard Chase call. I turned back to look at him.

"She's going to be ok." He said with hopefulness in his voice.

All I could do was pray that he was right.

**Kylies POV**

Before I even opened my eyes I was consumed in a warm, delightful feeling that I hadn't felt in a very long time.