chapter 2

Picture of Kylie--->

Since Bobby's warning earlier I just couldn't stop thinking about that boy. If anything it just made me more interested and even though it's going against everything Bobby said, I was going to find out.

After a few days I hadn't seen the boy next door.

We all fell into a routine and it was really getting boring. I'd wake up eat breakfast with Bobby and Anne; bobby and me would hang out for an hour or two. Then he would go out and I would either draw or read trying to pass the time. Anne would leave for work and then Bobby would come back and we would hang out and eat. Then I'd go upstairs trying to see if I could see that boy.

Until one day Anne had to go into work and Bobby wasn't coming home that night.

"So are you going to be okay alone cause Ky you just tell me and I won't go to this concert." Bobby said

"I'm going to be fine I'm a big girl, go and have fun."

"Are you sure?" Bobby asked.

"Yes, now go."

"Ok, ok. I'll be home around one. I'm going to call you whenever I get a chance, so make sure you answer your phone cause if not I'm going to immediately assume the worst. Okay? And no going out at all stay in this house the whole time." He said with a smile

"Okay dad, now go." I said as I tried pushing him out the door.

After a while I got bored wishing that I knew of a club or somewhere to go to but instead I took my sketch pad, pencils, and cell outside on the porch. I started to sketch the flowers Anne planted in the front garden. Making sure every line was perfect, every petal sketched with absolute detail, and there was the correct amount of shading where the moonlight touched the flowers. Before I knew it I could hear the sound of his motorbike on the front street.

Refusing to let myself watch him, I kept my eyes down on my sketch, going over shading with my pencil, making myself appear to busy.

"What are you drawing?" a voice said from a few feet away.

"Flowers." I replied as my eyes found him standing by the front gate of my house. Looking at his beautiful eyes it was like I couldn't think straight. Usually I'm never nervous around guys, I could flirt and tease them without it being a problem but this guy, he was different...

"Do you mind if I take a look?" he said.

"Sure." I said without thinking about Bobby's warning or the alarm going off inside me that's told me to stay away from this guy I barely knew.

He then opened the front gate and stood at the end of the porch, far enough if he tried anything I could run away and go inside without him catching me.

I turned over my pad to face him and stretched out my arm to hand it over.

"They're beautiful, you're very talented." he said as he handed my pad over to me.

"Thanks." I said, appreciating the fact that my tan skin hid the blush on my cheeks.

"No problem, I'm Adrian by the way."

"Kylie." I said automatically.

"Well kylie it was nice to meet you. Maybe I'll see you around," he said with a half smile and eyes that basically says I know you want me. Then turned around to exit before I got chance to answer.