64. "because i'm in love with you"

Come up to meet you
Tell you I'm sorry
You don't know how lovely you are
I had to find you
Tell you I need you
Tell you I set you apart
...

Lou's POV

"Daniel where are you?" Kayla says through her phone and I shake my head.

"Okay I was...just wondering." Kayla hangs up and laughs when she sees my face.

"He's such a dramatic asshole. Stupid bastard doesn't pick up to me? Goodness," I lightly chuckle before Kayla and I head into my car.

"Where are we going?" I ask, starting my car before pulling out of the parking lot.

"Chapel Hill on the football field," Kayla smiles and I nod while deep in the pits of my soul I can feel my heart swelling. It's broken but filling up just to burst open again.

My mind knows I want Daniel to stay. To keep him here in my arms away from anyone he doesn't want to be around. The thought of what it would be like without him is still in my head. Just pushed back to plan two if this doesn't work out.

I don't wanna cry anymore.

Daniel's probably gathering up all his stuff on campus so he can leave...whenever that is.

Third POV

Daniel already had everything in his car ready to go. His bags were packed. The items he had at UNC were tucked away there too.

Daniel was set on his choice. He was alright and he knew that this was the better option. He got Lou's call when he was packing and was unable to answer. He didn't wanna listen to her voicemail at the moment either.

He needed to be far far away for that. He didn't wanna risk listening to it just to come running back to her. He stuck to his mind and thoughts. Move on and find who you are and who you want to be. Even if his heart has mixed feelings.

He kept telling himself to put him first. To focus and grow on his own. He knew the single life very well. Being back he would fit right in. With the thousands of girls texting him, whining videos on Snapchat's, and slides through his dm's. Daniel remembered deactivating his socials when he became friends with Lou.

He wasn't even dating her and he knew to delete them. In his eyes she was perfect. Everything he wanted but the one thing he didn't deserve.

An abusive father lost brothers and a sister. A mom. A passed girlfriend. Drugs. Drinks. Sex.

The numbness he felt grew to an extreme level to the point where he went to a therapist. Daniel grew to understand and accept the way he was. The way he thought he was always going to be.

Himself. Alone. With nothing but a ring to remind him of his past. A beautiful silver rose ring wrapped around his middle finger on his left hand.

Cassidy had given that to him on his birthday. He remembered that day very vividly.

"Open it!" She squeals, sitting on the floor next to me whilst shoving the small box in my face.

"If this is your way to ask me to marry you I told you I would in a few years already," I laugh before kissing her cheek and peeling the lid of the box back.