52. date on ice

I should be over all the butterflies but
I'm into you,
I'm into you
And even baby our worst nights
I'm into you,
I'm into you
Let 'em wonder how we got this far
...

Lou's POV

"Where are we fucking going?" Daniel laughs at me when we get into the car and I tell him it is a surprise again. I decided to take Daniel to the ice rink with me. I'm glad Eben offered me to go. I haven't been in a while and should be practicing perfecting my skills. I know that Daniel and I need to go on a date before I end up heading back to the beach for Christmas.

I pull up into the parking lot of the ice house and Daniel shakes his head telling me that I'm insane. I continue to laugh at his attitude as we get out of the car. I grab my skates in the back and hold Daniel's hand as we head indoors.

"Hey, Lou!" Roni smiles at me nodding her head at Daniel too and I reply back to her. I see Eben in the back corner of the rink already warmed up and ready to go. Daniel gives my hand a gentle squeeze pulling me back into reality.

"Let's get you some skates!" I laugh at him and he shakes his head playfully. I tie my skates up neatly and pulling my black leggings over the top of them. I fix Daniel's gray sweatshirt on me and then pull my hair back into a ponytail.

"Aw shit!" Daniel pauses looking over at me beside him, "A little help please?" He asks and I can't help but giggle at the image of Daniel trying to tie up his ice skates. I get down on my knees in front of Daniel and I hear him take in a shaky breath looking away.

"All done," I smirk to myself and Daniel helps me get up from the ground. I blow my baby hairs out of my face as Daniel blows out a large sigh.

"I don't know if I can even walk to the entrance of the fucking rink." Daniel looks down at me and I let out another small giggle before grabbing his hand and pulling him along until we reach the door. I can make out the sound of "Still into you" by Paramore playing from above as I get onto the ice.

"Come on! It's fun!" I smile widely at Daniel who is still standing in the doorway looking down at the ice then back up to me with a concerned face, acting as if I'm crazy. I skate back over to him and put my hand out. He takes it and I help him step onto the watery surface.

"If this is your definition of a date, mine envision of it looks nothing like this." He smiles at me and I grab both of his hands while I skate backwards pulling him with me. We go in two circles and Daniel finally gets the hang out it. Roni and Eben are practicing in the middle circle while Daniel is struggling and I'm trying to help.

"Here watch this!" I pull away from him and start to skate into a flying camel. Daniel watches in awe and the second I skate back to him, gliding at full speed while Daniel shrieks as I come to a hockey stop right in front of him. He falls anyway making me laugh at how he loses his balance so quickly.

"Need some more help?" I bite my lip not trying to laugh but a soft sweet smile crosses my face. I put my hand up for Daniel to grab and he yanks me down into him. I fall onto his chest letting out a small gasp while Daniel chuckles at me.

"So tell me something I don't know about you," I ask him as we both get back up and I brush the ice off of my leggings.

"Well, you are gonna think this sounds funny or at the least weird," Daniel pauses clearing his throat, "I have Trypanophobia." He says and I have no idea what it means. I know it is a fear of something but I don't remember which one.

"Fear of..?" I question and Daniel rolls his eyes, skating backward a little bit as he shifts in his skates.

"Needles." He says and I burst out laughing.