15. daniel's mom and seven puppies

*instrumental*
...

Lou's POV

Daniel isn't talking to me at all. Ever since the weird thing with looking at my camera and losing the nice cool vibe we had going on...he's acting strange.

I'm getting all worried now but there's nothing I can do about it, Mr.Hughes is going off about his past experiences with cameras. I sit and my leg begins to bop up and down. I lay my head down on my hand that's putting all its weight on my elbow, bent on my desk.

It must be mixed signals again. He acts so weird every single second and it makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong and I probably am. Or maybe it's just the fact that I can't get his voice out of my head.

"You make me crazy Lou"

Ugh. The number of chills that went through my body. He could just be playing around though. I mean that is his style. Always rocking his signature black jeans and a white shirt. No colors and chains everywhere. Next thing you know he's gonna get his nails painted. I'm just gonna sit back and watch.

This guy.

He seems not to care very much either. He just goes with the flow a lot. A reckless and impulsive person. Never thinking about the consequences when it comes to advanced situations. I guess you could say he isn't very enthusiastic either. He's so...uninterested in everything. Never wanting to do things that make everyone happy.

He only laughs and chuckles sometimes. It's a wonderful sight. To see someone who never smiles, smile.

It's beautiful.

I focus and snap back into real life when Mr. Hughes tells us to take our cameras out. I take mine out as he tells us to examine the lens and twist it and notice how when you go one way it zooms in or zooms out. The basics really. I wait for the remainder of the time left to end.

When class finally ends I grab my things and put them back in my bag. I shove it over my shoulder and push in my chair. Daniel still has my keys and once we get to the parking lot he gives them to me.

"I'll get a ride," he sighs when I catch them. I look down at my keys then back at him.

"Daniel," I call out and he turns back around, "I can drive you somewhere if you want? You don't have to call someone," I say and Daniel's eyes flip down to the floor then back up at me.

"I'm good," he pauses, "I just need to go to my mom's house that's all," he sends me a straight-up smile, then a straight face as he walks back to the building while I put my stuff in the car and run back to him impulsively.

"Let me drive you there," I sigh taking a seat next to him on the curb, holding my knees towards my chest, "I don't have anything else to do," I lie because I know I have a full ass book to finish for history.

"Okay," he sighs and we walk back to my car. I get into the driver's seat and get comfortable, then start the car. I back out slowly as Daniel pretends to almost die because he thinks my driving is bad.

"Your driving sucks ass," He cusses and I look over at him, then back at the wheel, then at the glass in front of me. I hit the pedal and we go super fast. Daniel is grabbing all over the sides and walls of my car again pretending to be scared as crap. I laugh at him while trying to drive. Daniel's mom lives quite far from campus. It's also almost pitch black dark out which I'm worried about when I drive home but I'll hopefully be okay.