47. making more mistakes

But I don't care what they say
I'm in love with you
They try to pull me away, but they don't know the truth
My heart's crippled by the vein, that I keep on closing
You cut me open and I
Keep bleeding, keep, keep bleeding love
...

Third POV

"Fuck." Daniel sighs as he packs his luggage. Packing almost all of his colorful clothes. He was going to find his siblings tomorrow. His trip from December 2nd to December 12th.

A lot like Lou he hadn't told his mother what he was doing. She wouldn't give a fuck about it either. Daniel repeated it in his mind multiple times. His mind was set on picking out colorful pieces of clothes. He wanted to seem like he was when he was a middle-schooler.

Happy.

He didn't play the emotion well enough that he switched his entire suitcase multiple times. Black and white, color, black and white, color...

"Fuck! You know what who cares. This is me now." He sighed throwing his colorful clothes onto the floor before packing his normal attire into the bag.

After Daniel packed he laid out both his suitcase and his bag on the ground by the door. He dropped off Lela to his mom's house without being seen. Daniel didn't want to talk or see her besides his whole mind was on Lou right now.

He slept with her and had no protection. He didn't want to bother her and ask because of how awkward it would be. Last time they were together was in the middle of October. He didn't know if she was on a pill or had an implant in her arm. He was internally worried if she hadn't even thought about that or if she knew and wasn't on birth control.

Daniel paced throughout the last few days of November. His mind going back and forth on the problem and how good it felt to be inside her. It was raw and rough. The real passion they put into it with the mix of anger. Even her words crossed his mind.

I wanted to call you too.

She wanted him and that was where his mind stayed through the nights. He could sleep knowing she didn't want it to end like this. That she wasn't ready for him to get over her, or to get over him herself.

Either way, Daniel knew that he needed to ask her before the trip because if he didn't he wouldn't be able to sleep. She would keep him up and night as she usually did but this time would be a lot worse.

Speaking of no sleep, Lou barely had any. She couldn't take her mind off of him. His words and his touch. His kiss and the sex. She couldn't deny her feelings and the way they were overwhelming herself.

She spent a full month and a half without him, minus the tiny times they would get to talk, small moments, saving him, and touching him.

She used it well. Took care of her class well enough to catch up. She was spending her extra time working shifts at the Perennial cafe and drawing for art class. She shopped for groceries, spent time with the beach boys, and tried her best to talk to her parents...well at least her dad.

Her mom hadn't called her back yet since Thanksgiving. Her father on the other hand talked about Lou dropping by for Christmas and talking about the excitement coming from Nick, Porter, Logan, Sam, Aidan, Brenna, and Tucker.

Lou was awfully worried about her mom. She had never expressed herself like that to her mom before. She didn't dare to address that problem and why it bothered her. As much as Lou thought it was just because she thought she had changed on her own she knew and gained that from Daniel.