62. pretend to forget / a reason i call love

And way down we go
Way down we go
Say way down we go
Way down we go
...

Lou's POV

Daniel hasn't been home in the past week.

I've been worried and a crying mess for the time he's been gone. I remember waking up in his bed and Kayla leaving me a note on the nightstand. I sat up with a throbbing headache and imagined it all to be just a dream but when I couldn't find him I knew it was real.

Thirty-seven calls. I called him thirty-seven times just to hear his angelic voice. The rasp, the sarcasm, the funny remarks. I've been wearing all of his shirts in the dirty pile because of how much they contain of his scent.

I've been to Corbyn and Jonah's, Zach and Jack's, Kayla's place, and even to Tate and Christina's. Jagger hasn't seen him and nor has Gabbie. I was thinking of going to the frat house or to his mom's but I doubt he will be there either.

I head into the bathroom slumping my way to the sink and mirror. I take in my image. My under-eye bags have sort of faded but my hair is in a huge jumble of tangles.

I grab my straightener in the cabinet and begin to brush and flatten out my hair. A tear rolls down my cheek when I take a look in the mirror again.

"Mmm good morning," Daniel hums pressing a kiss against my cheek before setting a coffee cup down on the bathroom counter.

"I stopped by the flying biscuit for breakfast too," He rubs and nudges his head into my shoulder while I try desperately not to burn myself while straightening the other side of my hair.

"You didn't have to you know? Could've stayed in bed longer with me?" I smirk before unplugging the flat iron and wrapping the wire back up. I turn to Daniel.

"I wanted to do something special for you," he stretches his arms out letting our hands interlock, "goodness let me be romantic woman." He laughs before leaning his lips into mine.

I set the iron down to cool as I fix the tears under my already heavy eyes. I apply the slightest amount of natural makeup not even caring about my appearance anymore.

I head into the closet finding some black leggings, and a gray sweatshirt with blue and yellow flannel sleeves. I slip on my Nike airs and grab my keys on the kitchen counter.

I drive until I find the frat house. I stay in the car for a few seconds thinking of what I should say before settling in on just winging it. I make my way to the door and ring it twice before the door finally opens.

"Hey, Lou? Hate to break it to you but your boyfriend's not here," Jake smirks with a toothpick in his mouth. He leans against the door, dressed in black jeans with a red flannel shirt.

Before I know what I'm doing my action takes place as my hand hits him across his face.

I smile sarcastically, "I figured."

I allow myself inside. Stepping past Jake who is rubbing at his face. The next person I see is Lodge. His nose looks broken. I wonder if Daniel already came by to do that to him.

"You really think you can just barge in here?" Mitch says from behind me, "Did Daniel teach you that?" He laughs in a baby voice as Jake closes the front door.

"So," I take a step closer to Mitch until I can feel his breath, "What if he did, doesn't make a difference that I'm here now." I bite the inside of my cheek. Think Lou think. I need to find out how to get rid of that video footage.