Sword Art Online 2

Year: Summer 24

Subbed

Episodes: 24

Cat.: Action, Fantasy, MMORPG, Adventure, Sci fi

Summary: One year after the SAO incident, Kirito is approached by Japan’s Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications Department, Seijiro Kikuoka, with a request to enter another VRMMO called Gun Gale Online (GGO). Kikuoka informs Kirito that, “Players who are shot by a mysterious avatar with a jet black gun lose their lives even in the real world...” Unconvinced that the virtual world can affect the real world, Kirito logs on to GGO, wandering in an unfamiliar world in order to investigate the “Death Gun” incident. He is joined by a female sniper named Sinon who owns a gigantic “Hecate II” rifle. The two decide to enter the “Bullet of Bullets,” a large tournament to choose the most powerful gunner within the realm of GGO, in hopes of making direct contact with the mysterious avatar behind the “Death Gun”.

***************************************************************

So SAO becomes GGO, Gun Gale Online. Kirito's avatar is female and even though it is a gun based game he still makes a way to use a sword.

For me SAO2 has a Star Wars feel to it. Kirito's light saber, I mean laser sword. Death Gun and his breating. The desert land areas.

Flashbacks! I'm all about thoses.

Episode 14 and I'm kinda feeling like they could've found a way to end it here.

I give SAO2 a 2 out of 5.

Spoliers beyond this point!

Spoliers!

What the Fuck!

So we're in GGO and there is DeathGun and stuff right. Turns out he is a tag team of killers from Laughing Coffin in SAO. They get two of the guys, says there has to be at least 3 of them. So 1 more guy to look for right, but they fucking don't. Just drop GGO all together.

So Kirito can go back to swinging a sword in fairy world! The last 10 episodes were BS make 'em ups. Yes there are some well written feels in the end, but fuck those. They don't belong. Fuck SAO2!