Akagami no Shirayukihime

Alt. Title: Snow White with Red Hair

Year: Summer 2015

Subbed

Cat.: Drama, Fantasy, Romance

Summary: Shirayuki is a spunky pharmacist with bright, apple-red hair unlike anything anyone has ever seen. Even the prince of the kingdom she lives in is entranced by her locks, and demands that she become his concubine. Not wanting to be viewed as an object prized purely for its novelty, Shirayuki flees civilization and heads towards the forest. Here, the girl meets the charming Zen, who rescues her from Prince Raji's clutches and reveals that he is a prince as well. The two become close friends, and Shirayuki decides to return to Zen's castle with him, to pursue her dreams. But becoming a palace pharmacist isn't easy, especially since her unusual hair color and close relationship with the prince tend to draw unwanted attention...

******************************************************

The first episode, very Snow white. But that's it. Last time I watched an anime with a red headed female lead, she was badass. Yona was badass. But I have a feeling Shirayuki isn't going to be that badass.

******************************

It was a mellow anime. Good art and all that jazz. I don't really think this was a stand out anime. Don't really have much to say about it either.

A second season will be out in 2016, I do plan to watch it.

I give it a 3 out of 5.