Ano Natsu de Matteru

Alt titles: Waiting in the Summer

Episodes: 12

Subbed

Year: Winter 2012

Cat.: Drama, Romance, Aliens, School life

Summary: One day, while testing out his new video camera on a bridge in town, Kaito Kirishima sees a bright blue light in the sky and is inexplicably knocked over the side, awakening the next morning in bed with no memory of the event. But upon heading to school, the boy notices a new face that’s familiar to him somehow - her name is Ichika Takatsuki, and she’s new in town. Kaito’s friends, noticing his interest in the girl, all resolve to make a movie this summer and cast her as the lead, to which she immediately approves. Now, the group embarks on what will be a truly memorable summer that no one will forget, as Kaito and Ichika slowly, and clumsily, begin to fall in love.

*************************************************

While watching this anime my focus would drift often because I was trying to figure out what time period this anime was 'pose to take place in. 

Kaito was using a Super 8 video camera and was calling it new.  Super 8s came out new in 1965 and started to die out by the mid 1980s. But the way they dress and act conflict with that time period.  Maybe it was just because they lived in the country? I don't remeber if they had cell phones. I don't know, but not knowing about this bothered me to the end.

For many this was a hit or miss. I don't understand why though. I feel like it a you'll like it or you'll love it. 

For some reason some people expect this to be like AnoHana. Don't disappoint yourself. The art style is similar at most.

Reasons to watch...

*There's funny junk in there

* The good type of unexpected things

*Twist and turns

*This girl name Lemon (Remon)

*That ending

I give it a 3.5 out of 5.