Wicked: Better late than never

"Well this is a sight to behold."

My mind snapped at the source of the booming voice. One of the double doors were open and at the doorway leaned Darren Cavanaugh in all his glory, holding a single champagne rose in his hand.

This was the first time I saw him look so casual in dress clothes, wearing simple sky blue button downs and a darker, navy blue dress pants with a thin brown leather belt to hold everything together. He only wore fitted shirts and Bermuda shorts back in Boracay except at the night of the Gala and the engagement party. I've always thought of him ever since leaving Boracay,thinking about how perfect he was and how my moments with him have all gone to waste but Man did I rob him of justice or what? He was always better than my imagination.

Damon's grip on me loosened, his hands trembling. I allowed myself to lay an extensive gaze on him to see his reaction and it was priceless. If yesterday he was scared, today he was terrified. He was pale, with white eyes and gaping mouth—horrified at the sight of Darren.

Who knew Darren had the most perfect timing?

"Damon," Darren said, finally walking towards our direction. "I don't appreciate you harassing Louise before our date."

Say what now?

"I believe you've already caused enough trouble for her as it is, given the state of her foot." He continued as he drew near, one hand in his pocket, while the other was twirling the rose in his fingers. "What I will appreciate is if you let her off rehearsals early today so we can be on our way."

I shrugged off of Damon's grip. "I can go now! I'm not on rehearsal... so I can go."

"Perfect!" Darren smiled, before handing me the rose. The champagne rose—Darren's signature. "For you."

I reluctantly accepted. "Thank you."

He gestured his hand on the aisle, gesturing me to lead the way. "Shall we?"

I passed Darren a hesitant, half-smile before trudging my way, him trailing behind me. I gave Damon one last look before completely disappearing out of his vision and the expression he had almost made me laugh.

As soon as we were at the parking lot, my semi-run walks came to a full-stop and I decided to face Darren who was behind me barely bothered by the fact that I was almost running out of that place. Damn his long legs. Two of my strides equates to only one of his. How was that fair?

He had an amused smile on his face, his lips plump and red as ever. Slowly, his smile turned into fits of deep-voice laughter.

I frowned at him. "Don't laugh at me, you jerk. You're really creeping me out right now!"

He scoffed. "Did you just call me a jerk? And a creep?"

"I said you're creeping me out! I didn't say you were a creep!" I shouted in a whisper. "What—how are you here? Are you stalking me?"

Darren chuckled. "You are hilarious, Louise."

I bit my lip and frowned deeper. "Why are you here Darren?"

He disregarded my question and went back to walking, aiming towards a black Corvette C8 that was at the end of the parking lot.

"This is your car?" I asked, gaping at the monstrosity before me.

Darren smirked. "Hop in."

"Seriously?" I asked, sliding into the passenger seat. "We're not carnapping this right now? This is really yours?"