Wicked: Pretzel Tying Loose Ends, Part Two

Oh My God two updates in less than three days... That's gotta be some achievement for me.

    Anys, um... I hope you enjoy this. This is for TEAM DAMON! Darren had stolen the spotlight for quite a while and I bet Team Darren's getting all the satisfaction so I decided to make this for Team Damon. It's been too long since they've had their last endearing moment together. 

    One quick question... if Damon was waiting on your bed like that pic on the side... would you keep your cool and ask him to get off it or would you pounce on him like the tigress you are? 

  Hihi. Enjoy! And um... 40 COMMENTS TO UNLOCK NEXT CHAPPIE?

    Mehehe. X Princess

    Chapter Thirteen, Part Two - Pretzel Tying Loose Ends 

“Then throw it away.”

     I stared at him in disbelief and he stared back with the same degree of intense, neither of us retreating. This was too much. All that was too much.

     “You can’t throw this away.” I demanded.

     “Then don’t give it back.” He immediately said.

     I scoffed. “I don’t have any more reason to keep this.”

     His Adam’s apple bobbed up and down, proof that he just guzzled an empty mouth… and that he was preparing to verbalize something unspeakable.

     “Neither do I.” He said, his eyes distant and emotionless.

     “How could you do this to me?” I spat, choking on my own tears that had come swelling up in a matter of seconds. “This is too much.”

     “Wear it or throw it.” He proffered, heartless and cold like a stone. “Choose.”

     I didn’t answer. I couldn’t answer. My left will power was enough to just stare at him in complete, utter shock. I was terrified, of what heartless monster he had become.

     My Damon.

     The Damon that so sincerely told me he loves me every five minutes. The one that never had enough of me. That one that ran through the woods in the middle of the night just not to get caught. The one who so bravely kissed me under the water with everyone around.

     Was now someone else’s Damon.

     Without even waiting for my answer, he furiously swiped the box from the counter and marched outside the deckhouse heading to the shore. I trailed briefly after, just in time to see him irately unclasping the necklace from the box before throwing it hard across the sea.

     My gut twisted, hard. The necklace that bore his promise of forever. The only foothold I got of his promised, undying love. It was gone, now within the waves of the sea that didn’t bear any promise of destination.

     Like on auto mode, my feet immediately ran to the water, my mind going AWOL and my tears uncontrollable. I have to find it. Even if it was pointless splashing through the water, searching through the crystal clear waves, I still did, however. I was completely aware that there was no point in this hunt, but I still did.

     Because I still love him.

     No matter how much I denied it, how much I fought it, how much I hated it, I knew that I still do. No matter how much I’d convinced myself that I was moving on, I wasn’t. Because you never really let go of what matters most.