Wicked: Pretzel Tying Loose Ends, Part One

Hey guys! Still know me? Yeah, well... this is awkward. Anyway, I guess I should apologize for not updating for like... two months? Eh well... stuffs happened. The important thing is that it's finally here! And it's divided into two parts. It's short but there's gonna be another part tomorrow. 

      So yeah... I am very much grateful to you guys! I needed only 60 comments to unlock this chapter but it reached 180!! Haha! You guys are so amazing! Really! 

      That's why I don't know who to dedicate this chapter specifically but I know all of you guys deserve this!! I am seriously in love with you guys. 

      Anyway, enjoy. Comment! 

      x Princess.

      Chapter Thirteen - Pretzel Tying Loose Ends

       “What do you mean?” Darren approached Eva with a prying look. “Where did he go?”

       Eva was shaking tremendously. Something was telling me, this hasn’t happened before. “He… he just… walked away. He didn’t look too good, Darren. Please find him!”

       Darren’s face turned thoughtful and when his eyes went astute, he left us without another word. My heart stopped. This was serious. Serious enough to make Eva worried like crazy and Darren go after him.

       While myself? I was feeling six-feet under guilty. Knowing I may have caused this. No. I did cause this entire thing. I would blame Damon half the part but I couldn’t, everything was on me. And right now, I can’t just turn my back and cower. Because there had been other people involved already.

       “What happened?” I went over to Eva, putting a hand on her shoulder. Right now, my main intention wasn’t about walking on thin ice around her.

       “I don’t know. He just…” Eva took a long, deep breath. “Damon just… I’ve never seen him that aloof… angry and upset. I could only assume he was… hurt.”

       Hurt.

       The one word that shattered the thick impenetrable glass that was holding me back from running after Damon. The one word that made the new Louise, bolder and wiser, internally crumble to her feet. The only word… that made me run to no specific destination just to find him.

       Seeing me kiss Darren hurt him? Impossible.

       But where could Damon be?

       The first place I checked was our booth inside Epic Intense, but like I had predicted, he wasn’t there. It was a long shot anyway. At least I had the chance to grab my bag. I was sensing my great need of it would come in handy any time soon.

       I scoured the place; the restaurants, the coffee shops, the souvenir stands… nothing. No Damon. There was none left for me to search in until I could only be left into a more perturbing kind of thinking… what if he looked for a fight?

       No. There was much of him to risk if he gets into fights. He wasn’t stupid. For all I know, he was the rational, business Damon now.

       Yeah, right. The rational, business Damon would run away from his fiancée looking all hurt just because he saw you and his friend kissing.

       I ordered my feet to put one after the other, never mind the fact that I was alone and it was dark and there were hundreds of strangers around. I just wanted to find him, and hopefully, I find him first—before Darren even could.