Wicked: The Taste Of Salty, Awkward Wind From The Sea of Tension

Author's Note at the end, important, please read. Darren Cavanaugh on the side.

       Chapter Dedicated to OriDiaz, Goodluck on College! :)

       To iflyerika17, for being so awesome and commenting on every chapter. So amazing!

       And to KaiRamoan! Sorry for keeping you up till four in the morning.

      So wonderful people! <3 Enjoy! x Princess

      Chapter Nine: The Taste of Salty, Awkward Wind From The Sea of Tension

      I woke with a jolt. 

      And with that jolt came a terrifying surge of pain across my temple and at the back of my head. 
      Ugh. Headache. I already sensed the day wasn't going to be productive. Thinking about it, it hasn't been really productive… at all. We've been in this island for two days already and I haven't entirely felt the vacation I came for. Like it hasn't finally sunken in. 
      Frankly, I didn't put much hope that today would be any different. I was under an ass hangover which would probably eat half of my day and has a pivotal, probably-awkward, unknown date at seven. 
      There was only one person that came to my mind, of course. My handsome, and I still think stupid for spending two hundred thousand dollars cash on me, mysterious buyer.
      No one else would want to see me at seven in the evening at the gazebo—which I still have to find—wearing something nice. The highest possibility that had been circled out in my list of activities we'd do was dinner. And that would be fairly acceptable.
      “Morning.” Sam greeted, emerging from outside my room. “How are you feeling?”
      “Shitty.” I groaned, holding my head with two hands before groaning again. “Hangover's a bitch.”
      “You drank a lot.” commented Sam, wrapping her other hand at her coffee mug. “Like, really a lot, you should've at least seen that coming.”
      “I think I have brought fun to a whole new level.” I admitted, slowly climbing out of my bed. “Frommer's is gonna hire me for reference.”
      Sam chuckled. “Apparently, you have. Let's go, I'll make you something hot.”
      Sam carefully towed me out of my room and led me into the kitchen, gently placing me on one of the red stools that sat before a white island countertop. She opened a pack of powdered soup and did the magic. I buried my head in my hands the whole time.
      “So…” I heard Sam say. “I found this on your bedside table.”

      I looked up and saw her holding the red envelope between her fingers. Much to my dismay, I couldn't get bothered by that little piece of horror right now since my hangover was really being a nasty bitch. 
      “Gazebo, 7pm. Wear something nice.” She read out loud and I remembered the gold writing on the red piece of paper. “You going?”
      I shrugged. “I guess. I need answers. This Darren Cavanaugh has kept me idle for quite a few times already.”
      Sam eyes widened. “His name is Darren Cavanaugh? How did you know?”
      I pouted. “Eva told me.”
      “What else did she tell you?” Sam asked, sitting at the stool opposite me. “Does she know him?’
      “Just that and no.” I replied, massaging my temple with one hand. “That’s why I need to go later. I have to ask why he bought me for such a huge amount.”
      Sam smirked, her eyes glistening under the tan rays of the sun. “It’s because you’re too damn hot and he just couldn't let you slip away his fingers.”
      That made me smile. Still, I was anxious about this man's identity. There was something about him that made me mad and want to cut his guts out. 
      “Maybe this is something better.” Sam commented. “Something new, Louise. Question is, are you up to that?”
      I hesitated for a moment. Was I? Was I really up for something-or someone new? What about Damon? Or Adam? I mean, of all, I should at least give Adam a chance before anyone else. He'd been the most patient and caring of all. And then there was Dennis. Oh jeez. Opening to someone new meant completely forgetting about Damon- was I really ready for that? Something heavy inside me churned and I suddenly felt nauseous.
      “Of course.’ I finally said, smiling softly.
      Deep down, I was well aware that my lips were opposing what my heart wanted to tell.
      She beamed at me, a smile so soft and genuine I almost forgot when was the very last time I saw it. “Excellent. That's really good.”
      I shrugged. “Of course it is.”