Wicked: The Awakening

"Harder, please." I panted.

"That's hardly advisable on your first time, Louise." Adam whispered.

"I want to remember this." I replied as I felt him push harder. My breath spiked, feeling the intense sensation scatter throughout every nerve in my body. "I want to really feel it."

"Alright," He replied, a little hesitant. "But if you felt the need to scream, you better provide me some sort of heads up so I can stop."

Oh my God! We've been at this for hours! Why won't he just do it?

I rolled my eyes. "Just make sure that bottle doesn't break on my foot, Adam."

He chuckled. "Just so you know, and I'm telling you this due to my profound concern for your well-being, but I haven't performed this remedy to anyone before. I'm not sure this will work."

"Your nana has done this to you countless times, right?" I asked. "You said this had no chance of failing."

"Yes, but it's an entirely different thing when I'm the one doing it." He reasoned out. "Hence, I can't guarantee you positive results. I'm not even sure I'm doing it right. But then again, your foot's already messed up terribly so I don't see how else I could ruin it for you."

"Yeah well, I can always stick the broken glasses up your gut Adam."

Adam laughed. "You know what? You've gotten completely malevolent over the time."

He pushed the bottle harder against my sprained foot like he had been for the past fifteen minutes, rolling it up and down the entire premise. I wanted to scream but I just corrugated it into a wince and a sarcastic hum. This procedure was said to expedite the healing process of a sprain according to Adam, who's had it a million times before, and this was how his nana did it for him.

"Still good?" He validated, a small hint of a smile on his lips. I knew that he was worried about my well-being but it was also evident that he was enjoying this apparent pain for me.

Nodding, I made a small gap between my lips, taking a deep breath through there and letting it out as well, followed by a small wince. "Yes, never better."

If I wanted to get well fast and catch up with all the work I have to do for the musicale, I should take every chance at wellness I could get.

"You know, you shouldn't drive three hours every day just so you can patch me up or cook me food." I told him. He had been driving to and from New York where he currently resides just so he could be someone I needed. It was making me feel equally guilty and spoiled, to be honest. "I can manage by myself."

"Look who's ungrateful now." He said, giving me a funny look.

"No, of course I'm grateful." I replied. "I appreciate everything you've done for me, Adam. I appreciate everything you do. It's just..."

"Relax." He said. "I don't expect anything in return. I'm glad I'm able to do these things for you and with you."

"That's not what I meant." I told him, looking down on the foot he was treating.

"I know what you mean." He replied with a low chuckle. "I would've done the same for Sam."

I gave him a flat look. "Really?"

"Fine, not really." He admitted. "But it's only because I'm a lot closer to you than I am with Sam. She and I didn't have the kind of history we had."

He was right. Adam and I have gone from enemies to really good friends... we've come a long way and he was friends with the band basically because I was.