Wicked: Discombobulated, Part One

There wasn't really any certain expectation as to sleeping next to my ex-boyfriend and waking up the next day. No assumptions. There were just... presumptions. I didn't wish to wake up in his arms while I had mine around him. And moreover, I didn't wish that everything would go back normal when we opened our eyes. I didn't wish that. But I'd be a lying hypocrite to say those things.

I woke up peacefully, still in my couch. Damon was the first one I searched for, but there was no sign of him. I was all by myself at the couch, and this fact made me sigh. I hadn't categorized that sigh whether it was good or bad. Guess I didn't want to admit I was disappointed not finding him.

My foot was propped up on a pillow and it looked worse than it did last night. I bit my lip as I studied my ankle, all swollen and purple and I knew judging how heavy and pressured it felt, I won't be able to move it so there was no use trying. I'd only hurt myself.

Soon there was shuffling from outside and my door opened, Damon walking inside all freshened up in new clothes. His hair was still wet and I could smell his cologne from across here. He was careful not to cause too much noise but when he saw me watching him, he went straight to the kitchen.

He came back with a tray, breakfast and first aid kit sharing in it. After settling it down on the center table, he fished something out of his pocket before handing it to me. It was my phone that I left at the bathroom last night.

"Call Sam." He ordered as he knelt by the couch, picked my foot up from the pillow and studied it. "I'm sure she's worried why you didn't show up at school today."

I did as told but instead of a call, I typed a quick text to Samantha how I was sick and assured her it was nothing serious. I didn't say I sprained my foot or she'll be here fast as lightning.

"I already called the school and informed them." He said while attending to my ankle. "I'm still your in-case of emergency contact."

My brows raised. "I never knew you were."

He didn't reply. Instead, he studied my ankle with a hard look on his face. 

"It's gotten worse. We need to have it checked out."

"I'm going to be fine." I said in a low voice. "There's no need to go to the hospital."

"That wasn't a request, Ms. Allen." He replied firmly. "Let's hope your sprain's not on the third grade, by the looks of it. It will only get worse if you don't treat it properly. We're having it checked out."

The emphasis on his words were prevalent and it made me utterly speechless. He rested my foot back on a pillow and stood up, fishing his phone from his pocket. I heard him dialed a number and and put it against his ear.

"Doctor Kasikowski, it's me Damon." He greeted and he disappeared into the kitchen. Only indistinct words were heard from here but I figured he was checking out if the doctor was available. It was hard not to picture the businessman Damon with that little scene. He looked mighty and mature and it caused a little tingling sensation in my heart. I couldn't deny it to myself that it was kind of sexy...very manly.

Damon came back and sat on the other corner of the couch, putting my foot on top of his legs. My heart picked its pace. Unlike last night where I was still a tad dizzy from my prolonged bath, today I was absolutely clearheaded and I could feel his every move and touch.

He ran a hand through his almost dried hair, a gesture he always did back before, and the disheveled look it gave him made him ten times hotter.

"You look worried."

"Of course I'm worried!" He exclaimed, snapping his head to me but still letting it rest against his hands. "I'm in constant worry about you!"

I clenched my jaw. "You don't have to."

"Don't you get it, Louise?" He asked, hurt in his eyes. "I can't. You're the only thing that matters."

"Then why didn't you call the wedding off?" I retorted. "Why didn't you? While we were still in Boracay? Did you even do it?"

I saw his jaw muscles tensed. "It's postponed."

"That doesn't change anything, Damon." I stood my ground. "Why did you go back here? What's the whole point in this mess?"

"Let me explain." He emphasized each word, staring me down with his ominous azure gaze. "I need you to give me a chance."

Damon's hard look was relentless. It doesn't seem to bother him that I was unmoved by everything he was doing. Regardless, one thing was for sure, that whatever he was intent on doing, it was never going to change anything. 

 Our eye contact was broken by the sudden ringing of the doorbell. "That must be the doctor." 

So it was an on call. I had been wondering when we'd be going to the hospital. This was the answer. Damon stood from where he was seated and went to answer the door. After this treatment, I'd be asking him to go home and give him the gratitude due. And after, that was it. 

"What the bloody hell are you doing here?"