Wicked: Half The Truth's Better Than Nothing

Hey guys. Here's what you've all been noisy for. Hihi! Sorry it took this long. Plus, I've been pretty lazy these past few weeks. I don't know why. 

      Chappie dedicated to WhyDoYouWannaKnw! She's the reason why I was motivated to upload this chapter! She made the awesome collage at the side! Thank you, you are awesome!

      Enjoy! Don't be shy to leave comments!!

      x Princess

      Chapter Fifteen - Half The Truth's Better Than Nothing

      I was well aware of the aftereffects of what I was about to do. I knew I had a terrifyingly enormous chance of failing but I had to do it.

      “Louise! Louise! Come on, Goddamn it!”

      Within seconds, I felt Damon’s two cold fingers checking under my jaw for pulse. I knew I couldn’t fake my pulse so I held my breath and kept my eyes closed. That way, he’d give me breaths first before compressions.

      Like I had predicted, I sensed Damon put his ear near my mouth and intently listened on my breathing; I hung on to holding my breath and keeping my eyes shut. Just a little more… From here, I could hear his heartbeat pumping loudly and wildly. Awwe, he’s worried and anxious, that’s so cute!

      He placed a hand on my forehead and another two fingers on my chin and slowly tilted my head back. Gently, he pinched my nose and I could feel him lowering his head down.

      Okay… here goes nothing…

      As soon as he placed his lips over mine, I pouted mine, kissing him carefully but enough noticeable so he’d realize I was kissing him. Slowly, I snaked my right hand around his neck and gently pushed his head closer to mine.

      For a moment he didn’t respond, probably surprised. I pulled myself slightly up to a sitting position, using his neck as leverage, but I stopped halfway, leaving me in a forty-five degree angle. Good thing I had my clutch around his neck.

      But as soon as he started kissing back, I pulled away, taking a deep breath in as I rested my forehead against his. Once I opened my eyes and gained sight of Damon’s sorrowing expression, my heart stopped beating.

      Damon had tears in his eyes.

      The hand I had around his neck suddenly felt unwanted, trembling so terribly. Slowly, I withdrew it, but Damon caught and returned it to how I was holding it before, his firm hand over mine. He put his other hand on my back and pulled me up higher so that I was already sitting.

      He kissed me, desperately and hungrily. Not the kind out of anger but the you-nearly-died-on-me kind. And I was more than willing to respond.

      I’ve missed this. How his lips felt over mine. How our hopelessness ignited our undeniable passion. The slight stubble on his chin… the fullness of his lips… I’ve missed everything.

      Deliberately slowly, he pulled back but giving soft pecks after. I can’t deny that I wanted more.

      “Goddamn it, Louise.” He breathed, panting weakly. “Don’t ever pull something that stupid again.”

      “It was worth it.” I replied, still dazed by his hypnotizing cerulean gaze.

      He took a deep breath in and let it out as a sigh. “You could have died. If I had done incorrect measures… your heart could’ve stopped if I did compressions first. I was so afraid…”