Wicked: And May The Dangerous Liaisons Rest In Peace, Part One

Please Read!

      Hi! So due to public's demand, I updated this. I decided to cut this chapter in two so there will be a second part of this. 

      But, a sincere thank you to all of you. I mean, 66 COMMENTS? Seriously. Even though same people comment over and over again, I'm still grateful. Those people are so amazing, they make my heart flutter. 

      60 comments to unlock next part? Let's try this. Haha. :)

      Head's up, you might cry in this chapter because I CRIED WHILE WRITING THIS. Seriously. 

      Last sneak peek was, "Then give me a reason to be with you." - Louise Allen. Expect to see it in this part. Next sneak peek on Twitter!

    Chappie dedicated to Take_My_Soul_666. Amazing creature! She messaged me just to say my book was the best. So sweet right? Anyway, ENJOY. Thank you again, and I hope you'll love this. 

      x Princess

      Chapter Twelve, Part One - And May The Dangerous Liaisons Rest In Peace

      My first instinct was to frown, but as his reproachful words slowly sunk in the deepest of abyss that was my stomach, my eyes slowly widened in realization as a reaction.

      Don’t let him get to you. Don’t let him get to you. Don’t let him get to you! I chanted my new found mantra repeatedly in my head.

      I breathed in before hardening my gaze—an act quite difficult to pull. “I think you made that clear enough when you left.”

      Before I could even see his reaction of astonishment, I already turned and headed towards the marina. My legs were shaking and my hands were terribly so too, and I couldn’t gain control of them as I was untying the dexterous knot of the boat that was around the pin.

      Not long after, I felt his hand over my trembling one, his breath hitting the back of my neck. I wanted to remove my hand under his touch… but my heart had been crushed so much I couldn’t even lift a finger. I could already feel the tears that were filling my eyes, blurring my vision.

      I turned my head to look at him, staring at him with shaky eyes until finally found the guts to whisper, “Why did you leave me?”

      Damon’s expression told me he was expecting that million dollar question for quite a time, and that he had reserved the million dollar answer but just wasn’t ready to let me know. He just stared at me, with eyes that held pity and concern. Soon, he slowly raised his hand that was recently on top of mine and held it to my cheek, in attempt of wiping a stray tear.

      I immediately backed a step.

      “Don’t.” I warned, wiping the tears with the back of my hand. “You don’t have any right to wipe the tears that you’ve caused.”

      “And who has?” He asked, his eyes daring. “That kid, Adam? Or perhaps my friend, Darren?”

      I shut my eyes closed and opened them after a sigh. “You really don’t have any right to ask that either, Mr. Clyde.”

      Damon looked away, running a hand through his hair. Then started the silence. The hollow hushed space of time that allowed us to think, take each other in. I had more to say and I never want this moment to happen again, so take out the trash that needs to be thrown… right now.