Chapter 48: Bet

Examination week has finally arrived. With the first day being spent on written exams, the students all gathered in their classrooms.

The whole room is quiet, with only sound of the pen scratching on the surface of the paper can be heard as the clock is ticking on the background.

There is also the occasional sound of heels clicking as the red-haired haired teacher roam around. Everytime she was near them, the students would hear their own heart beating quickly.

"You there, stop whispering to each other!" Himeko scolded a pair of student as she caught them cheating. Luckily, they were only given a warning. However, now that they have already caught the teacher's attention, they will have a harder time doing anything suspicious. This has only added another pressure on themselves.
Even so, the other students didn't give any sympathy since they are either busy with the exam or just thinking that they deserve it.

The exam proceeded without any problem after that.., well, for about thirty minutes. As soon as some reached halfway point at their test papers. They noticed the questions getting harder.

The room soon became full of groans as the students held their head in hopes to help them in recalling about the particular lesson asked in the papers. They just wanted to do their best not to skip any question unanswered before the time limit.

The most conspicuous among them all belong to a boy with black hair and a girl with white hair. Unfortunately for them, the first exam is History, a subject both of them aren't good at.

As the time limit draws closer, they unconsciously glance at each other. Noticing that their eyes met, he smirked as if he was taunting her. Kiana quickly fell for it as her face turned red from anger and quickly returned back to answering her test paper.

Glynne let out a sigh. Scratching the back of his head, the memory of last night flashed in his mind.

@@@@@@@@@

"A bet?" Kiana asked, repeating the words that she heard. She paused her game and put down her controller as she stared at the black-haired boy who sat down beside her.

"Yep, a bet." Glynne said for the second time as he raised his index finger. "I figured we should make a bet which of the two of us would get a higher grade in the exam."

"I don't know..." Kiana felt reluctant with the boy's suggestion. She is aware that she is not that bright when it comes to studying. Although she is confident in her abilities when it comes to the practicals, she isn't sure if that will be enough to beat him.

"What, you afraid to lose?" Glynne taunted.

However, Kiana saw through it and didn't fell for it. She crossed her arms and glared at him to show that she is not amused at him belittling her.

"That's unfortunate..." Glynne had a wry smile seeing this. What he is doing right now is trecking on a field full of landmine. One wrong move, he will be at risked of the girl the exploding in anger at his face. He took a deep breath, hopefully this one would make her bite the bait. "You know, I'm even willing to treat to any food you like until your satisfied."

"Heh~, is that so..." the boy noticed Kiana's hand twitching. It was already been known that Glynne has a surplus of money in his bank so it was really hard to determine if he really serious with his offer or just joking. One thing for sure though, that he is at the right path. "Hmph, if your thinking that would be enough, then you're clearly wrong, Mister."

"Oh," Glynne was amused that his plan didn't worked. Knowing how much Kiana loves to eat, her turning down his offer was something quite admirable since she knows how to hold herself back. Even so, he know that just needed one more push. "Then how about this. I'll do anything that you want."