Chapter 13: Sudden Visitor

"Wh-what is he doing here?!" Kiana wanted to be the first one to greet Mei when she come back, but she was surprised instead when her friend came home with a boy. Her loud voice was able to catch the attention of the other residents of the dorm and one by one they poke their heads from the living room.

Bronya, Fu Hua, Himeko, and Theresa, all of them are surprised when they saw the sudden visitor.

"Glynne?" Fu hua said confused. That was when she noticed how their uniform was a mess, with blood stains in some places. "Don't tell me—"

"Yeah, seems like they are quite are impatient " Glynne said as he confirmed Fu Hua's suspicion in a vague manner.

"Principal Theresa, this is bad. Glynne is being targeted." Mei reported upon seeing the small version of Kiana.

Theresa's eyes sharpened and crosses her arms. One of her student's life is in danger, as if she would just overlook this.

"Mei, you made the right choice for bringing him here, as long as he's near me nobody will dare to attack him." Theresa said as she praised her student, "But before that let's continue this discussion in the living room."

@@@@@@@@@

"So that's the case," Theresa muttered. Glynne explained the details on why he was targeted. Though she already know as she was the one who ordered Fu Hua to tell him about the incoming danger, her head still hurts as her student was suddenly attack right after the warning. "By the way, did you get a clue who were behind the ones that attack you?"

Both Glynne and Mei shakes their head. "All of them dresses in all black like a burglar. Most likely this is just a covert mission so they don't want to be identified if they failed." the boy theorize.

This is troubling, — Theresa thought.

"W-wait a minute!" Theresa thoughts were interrupted by Kiana. "T-then the reason why Glynne was attacked was all because of me?!"

"You're wr—"

"It's about time you notice it!" Glynne interrupted Theresa when she was about to console her niece.

"Glynne! This is not the time for blaming others!" Mei reprimanded the boy as she moved in front of Kiana. She glanced over to everyone else, they seems to be quite dumbfounded by the sudden outburst.

"Don't stop me!" Glynne yelled in an intimidating manner, making Mei startled. He begun crackling his knuckles. "You don't know how much I've waited for this day. Ever since the first day, you've been a pain in the ass!"

"Mei, back down..." Mei was surprised when the one she were protecting said that. She look over her shoulders the see Kiana pushing her out of the way. "I'm sorry, everything is my fault. Please forgive me!"

"Hmm, do you really think I could just forgive you like that?" Glynne said unamused. "If you really are sorry then you know what to do."

Kiana knows it very well. So she moved closer to Glynne and close her eyes. She waited for her punishment, every passing second feels like a thousand needles pricking her stomach. She waited for it to come but...

"Fuwweeeee" Kiana let out a weird voice when both of her cheeks were suddenly pulled. She opened her eyes to see Glynne near her face.

"Idiot, do you really think I would seriously say all of that." Glynne said as he continue to play with Kiana's face. "You're too honest to the core, how about learning about lying for once."

"W-wut ai.... Kuwweeee" Kiana wanted to say something but Glynne pull her cheeks harder.

"Yeah, you are partially at fault, but this mess happened because I was only careless." Glynne said as he released Kiana. He was quite amused as how the girl's cheeks has redden. "But if you really insist then how about this; Remember my penalty for losing the battle, I would really appreciate if you call it quits."

Kiana was taken aback at Glynne's smile. She never payed that much attention before, but his jewel like emerald eyes are beautiful and shining in sincerity. Just by looking at it, she felt was slowly drawn into it.

"Uhmm, what are you doing?" Glynne asked, snapping Kiana back into reality.

Kiana saw her hand slowly creeping unto Glynne's face. Her faced redden in embarrassment as she retracts her arm. "Sorry..." she said while fidgeting.

"Kuhum," The two was interrupted when Himeko cleared her throat. "You know this is a state of emergency, can you please stop flirting in front of us. " she said seemingly bitter about something.

Being reminded of the reason he came here, Glynne sat down on his original spot. As of Kiana, she felt her head is heating up.

"By the way Glynne, you know the consequences for hurting my niece right?" questions Theresa as she glares at the boy in an intimidating manner.

"Don't worry, I wasn't planning that in the first place." Glynne said as he drank his cold tea that was offered a while ago.

Theresa was relieved, at the same time a bit disappointed. What she asked has a double meaning but looking at Glynne, it feels like he doesn't get the other one.

"Going back to the topic, I think we have nothing much to do. As long as we don't have any leads about the culprit, we are stuck in a wait-and-see situation." Therasa said as she drank her tea. "In the meantime, Glynne will be under my custody. That way, we may lessen those that would attempt to go after him."

"I see, so it all come down to this, huh." Glynne said as he hung his head. "I'm sorry Principal, but I will be in your care again."

Again? — the others thought. From what was Glynne was telling, it was not the first time he was protected by Theresa. This means that the two had probably met before he was transferred to the school.

"By the way, Principal Theresa. Where would Glynne be staying now?" Mei asked. "I mean I know that he would be staying here for the night since going out would is still dangerous, but what about after that? His apartment was blown by explosives."

"Oh, that would be not a problem." Theresa said with a mischievous smile. "How about it Glynne, would you like to stay with us in this dorm?"

"Ehh?!!!!!" everyone shout was heard that night.

@@@@@@@@

Because it was sudden, the dorm was not able to prepare a bed for Glynne to sleep. Since most of them are girls, he was reluctant on sharing bed with them even if told not to mind it. In the end, Glynne decided to sleep on the couch in the living room.

Maybe because Glynne was pretty exhausted the whole day, he was sleeping deeply that he did not felt the presence that crept near him. As her eyes observed the sleeping boy, her usual expressionless face turned to that of relief upon seeing his peaceful face.

============

Hmmmm, a boy living alone with a bunch of girls...... At this point, most of you has seen a lot of anime to know where this is going.
*wink wink* *nudge nudge*

Anyways, thanks for reading!