Chapter 4: Duel (part 1)

"Oi, are looking down on me?" threatened Kiana. With her words lace in poison and glare as sharp as knives, her hostility on the boy in front of her was pretty much obvious for anyone to see.

"Hm? What are you talking about?" Glynne asked while tilting his head. Even with the overflowing blood lust in the air, he just calmly checking his equipment.

"Don't joke around!" Kiana snapped, "Are you seriously facing me with those?!"

"Oh, you mean these?" Glynne seemingly realizing what his opponent meant as he pointed at himself, to be specific, at what he was wearing.

A black skin tight suit with extra padding on the vital areas. A handgun of similar color that shoot out lasers instead of a bullet. Lastly, a mass produced military knife that have its edges dulled. No matter which angle you look at it, his equipment are those for training purposes only.

For comparison, Kiana's equipment are composed of a black skin tight suit underneath a white crop top military uniform and a denim short that seems to held a belt of bullets, on her limps are leather gloves thats goes towards her elbow and a leather boots that reach above her knees, on her back was a black cape with orange inner lining, and lastly as a added detail the Schicksal logo is visible on her stomach area and the back of her cape. On both of her hands are the upgraded version of USP 45, the USP EX, a dark blue semi-automatic handgun with a light blue lining under the barrel. It was pretty much a far cry compared to Glynne's equipment.

Kiana is wearing a proper battlesuit and if Glynne's appraisal is correct, it was a Class B one. The fact that a student is wearing a suit of that caliber means that her strength is close or pretty much similar to it.

Glynne felt a cold sweat running through his back. He can't deny that he seems to have lured a big fish that it was questionable at this point if his rod can even handle it. Even if that was the case, he still did not lose his smile.

"Yeah, pretty much." He said shrugging his shoulders while ignoring his opponent's obvious reddening face. "Did you forgot already? I came from a different school, so unlike you, I don't have a personal battlesuit. All student in my previous school wears the same thing, you know."

It was a valid point. Kiana doesn't know what to say to refute him. She looked over to Himeko, who positioned herself at the center side to act as a referee, probing if this was alright. She stayed silent so it probably means that she has no objections to it.

"T-then at least let me -"

"Don't bother" Glynne said interrupting Kiana's words. "Didn't Teacher Himeko said a while ago to go all out? If you really think this is unfair then you can freely withdraw your duel challenge."

"B-but..." Kiana fell into silent. Although it is true that she likes fighting, she never liked the idea of going against someone obviously weaker. It was a matter of pride and that it also would leave a bad taste on her mouth rather than the feeling of sweet victory.

"And besides," Glynne brandished his knife and pointed it at Kiana. "I don't need any fancy toys to beat you." he said while smirking.

Perhaps drawing the last straw, something snapped inside Kiana's head. "I will make you eat those words!" she threatened as she turned off her gun safety lock and pointed it at Glynne.

There is no need for confirmation. With the two glaring at each other, Himeko judge that further talking was unnecessary. Besides the rules were already briefly discuss with them during their preparation time.

Himeko raised her hand and did a final check at the two opposing sides. She take a breath and then brought down her hand, "The duel between Kiana Kaslana and Glynne Romero will now begin!" she announced.

Wasting no time at all, Glynne immediately tries to close the distance between the two of them. It was a common misconception that a gun was the better choice between a gun and a knife. It can't be help as the former offer more range than the other. However the trick to this one is pretty simple to be honest, one just need to close the distance to render the gun's advantage.

Bang bang bang!

There were multiple gunshots but Glynne successfully dodge them as predicting the bullet's trajectory is easy for him as long as he pays attention to the gun muzzle. Entering the knife effective range, he readied his weapon fully intent on slicing Kiana with it. However the knife never reach her.

Kiana's weapon was not only her two handguns. She used her leg to misdirect the attack. "Hmph, amateur...." She muttered . Glynne's plan was very predictable. With how many students that Kiana sparred in the past, her current opponent seems like a child's play.

Glynne stumbles forward with his attack missing. She took the opportunity and pointed her gun at him. However her instincts kick in, she quickly leaned back as a streak of light pass through above her face.

"Tsk!" she heard a tongue clicking as she did a full back-flip. While doing so, she noticed a low sweep passing through where her feet originally was.

"Hmm, you're not bad for a little boy." she taunted while pointing her both of her guns at Glynne.

"Well thanks for the compliment, though aren't we the same age?" he replied with a smirk while also pointing his gun at her.

Kiana's eyebrow twitch, clearly irritated at the smirk, "Hmph, enough chit-chat! Shall we start round two!?"

"You took the words right out of my mouth!" Glynne shouted as both charges at each other.

=========

And with this ladies and gentlemen, we have a two part battle chapters. HOORAY!!

Joking aside, I mess up this one though as I never would have though that writing battle scenes would take up too many words.

Also if you notice, I'm bad at describing stuffs but I did my best to fully describe Kiana's Valkyrie Ranger suit in the game. I'm sorry if I miss some extra details. (Please refer to the media uploaded).

Anyway, I'm feeling a bit productive as of late so the next chapter would come soon.