Chapter 11: Approaching Danger

Thud...

With a soft thud, Glynne toss himself unto his couch. Enjoying it's softness, he felt all of his remaining energy getting drained.

"This is quite a troublesome situation...." he muttered under his breath as he look up in daze at the ceiling.

The words spoken by Fu Hua during the lunch break, he can't seems to get it out in his head. His mind has been preoccupied ever since then that he didn't even pay much attention to his afternoon classes anymore.

It was clear that he was bothered by it... As is to be expected, since it was a matter of life or death for him.

@@@@@@@

"You're in danger..." Fu Hua ominously muttered right after they found a spot with no people.

Glynne flinch a bit after hearing it. "W-what you mean?" he asked in a trembling voice.

"Apparently, there is a suspicion about you holding a powerful stigmata." she said while observing Glynne's state.

"And so, what that supposed to do with me being in danger?" Glynne asked in confusion as he failed to connect the dots."

"If you're studying well, you might already know that implanted stigmata has low compatibility with males. There is a lot of theory surrounding it but the most prominent one is because there was a certain organ that can only be found female body. Because of this organ, the female body has a higher adaptability in controlling Honkai energy from artificial stigmata" Fu Hua raises her glasses as she explained. "However it was a different case for natural occurring stigmata. Because they appear naturally on an individual, some theory says that they had a great compatibility with it. However there are some who suggest that the individual just got lucky. Glynne, because you are able to go toe to toe with a higher C-Rank Valkyrja, it is speculated that you hold a powerful stigmata that made you capable in doing so. A quick question, what might happen if that supposedly strong stigmata of yours will be transferred to a female body?"

Glynne clenched his fist, he was not that dull to need any further explanation. It was still a theory but remembering how people would do anything in this world to prove it, he cannot simply dismissed the danger.

"Seems like you already guessed it." Fu Hua said impressed as she moved closer to Glynne. "Although we already know this was not the case. People cannot be stopped that easily even if we expose this. On contrary, you might get in more danger."

Glynne look downwards to his trembling hands. "So what would you suggest I should do now?"

Fu Hua was astonished, she was expecting Glynne to cower in fear just like what he did last week. However far from that, she could see in the boy's eyes that he will not back down even when facing against large organizations.

Then what happened last week was all just an act?.... No, what she saw was definitely genuine. There might be a reason why he acted differently that day. Whatever it may be she felt something that she shouldn't pry deeper into it. Besides, there is more important things to be discuss.

"As of now can only think of two choices." Fu Hua said raising her two fingers. "Either to run and hide to wait for the situation to cool down, —"

"As if that gonna happen." Glynne interrupted as he crossed his arms.

Fu Hua already guess that was the case. "—Or join under the wing of the Far East Branch of Schicksal."

@@@@@@

Glynne cannot forget Fu Hua's smile when she said that.

" "I'll expect you answers soon", huh. " he muttered as he repeated the class president's words after they separated.