Chapter 25: Trust

"You have some explaining to do Mister." Theresa intimidated

It was the next morning, the news of Glynne waking up has spread. Currently, the people who he is living with, namely Kiana, Mei, Bronya, Fu Hua, Himeko, and Theresa, are all gathered beside the boy's bed.

Glynne smiled wryly. All of them are glaring down on him, he seems to have pissed them quite a lot.

"S-should we all calm down for now?" the boy suggested as cold sweat continuously flowing like a river on his back. He felt like he was a prey who got cornered by his predator.

"I don't know, should we?" Theresa glance over her shoulder to ask the girls.

"No way"

"Request denied"

"No"

"I think it's impossible."

"As if"

Kiana, Bronya, Mei, Fu Hua, and Himeko respectively replied. At this, Glynne cannot help but let out a dry laugh. Oh boy, he is definitely in danger.

"So, are you gonna tell us or not?" Kiana threatened as her face got closer to the boy.

She was at least a few inches away from his face. Because of the dream last night, he still can't seem to look her in the eyes. An audible gulp can be heard as Glynne's eyes wanders to the side.

"I-I'm telling you! So please get off me!" he flusteredly said as he pushed Kiana away.

The girls became confused for a moment. It was their first time seeing him act like this. Did something happen while he was kidnapped?

He antics right now are far from his cold and distant attitude he shows in their initial meeting.

"Bronya!?" Glynne was startled. It was Bronya this time to get near him as she put her hands on his forehead.

"Temperature is normal. Bronya concluded you are not sick." she remarked.

"Of course not!" Glynne exclaimed. However it wasn't as convincing since he is sitting down on a hospital bed.

Bronya stared into Glynne's face. Despite her neutral face, he can feel that she is worried about him. Especially now that he is aware the Bronya might already about his past, he just felt awkward as he scratched his chin.

"Oh my, you in your popular phase aren't you?" Himeko commented as she put a hand on her mouth.

"N-n-no, It wasn't like that!" Glynne said as he desperately waves is hands in denial. However he stop for a moment as he felt something amiss. He look and stared at Himeko and to his surprised she seems to be letting out a motherly aura. Now, It was his time to get confuse.

Just what happened while I was knocked out? — he asked himself.

Glynne's mind was in chaos. He honestly don't know what to do anymore.

"Kuhum!" The atmosphere froze when someone cleared their throat. 

"Everyone, please don't pressure him too much. He just woke up last night." Fu Hua said, pulling Kiana and Bronya away from Glynne.

"Thanks" Glynne bows his head a little, feeling grateful for the help.

"Don't worry about it." Fu Hua said while raising her glasses. "Besides, you won't be able to explain well if there are distractions."

"Ah," Glynne recalled the topic. He scratched his head as he wasn't sure where to start. "Uhm, what do you like to know first?" he asked.

"What's your relationship with Anti-Entropy?" Mei immediately asked the big question. For some reason, her glare was sharper than everyone else.