Chapter 14: Peaceful Lunch

Despite him being attacked last night, Glynne still chose to attend classes the next morning to not draw any suspicion. Though last night's assault was not given any publicity, rumors of it still exist. It was scary how it already spread in just a whole night.

Knowing this, Glynne thought that fingers might be pointed to him if he went and go missing. Though most of this are just him being paranoid.

Even so, there is also another reason why he is at school right now. St. Freya Academy can also be considered a safe house. Built with the latest defensive technology, teachers who are military official currently off duty, and countless Valkyrie candidates. One would be foolish enough to attack the academy without them preparing for an all out war.

Glynne, knowing he's in a safe place, slump into his desk with relief.

"Mr. Romero, no slacking off!" Glynne was snapped out of his trance when he heard the teacher voice besides him.

He unconsciously stood down and did a perfect 90 degree bow. "I'm sorry ma'am!"

"Make sure this won't repeat this again, okay?" the teacher questioned in strict manner.

"Yes ma'am!" Glynne saluted then he proceeded to sit. His idiotic antics earned a few giggles from his classmates.

@@@@@@@@@@

Ding dong ding....

The sound of a bell reverberated in the entire school. This sound means it was already noon.

"Okay class, we shall continue lesson tomorrow. If you have any further inquires please don't be shy to approach me at the faculty." the teacher said as she prepares to leave. "Class dismissed."

With their teacher leaving the classroom, the students became noisy as each of them prepare for their lunch. Some went out to eat at the canteen, some gathered around to have lunch with each other, and as for Glynne he was holding his own head in frustration.

"Crap, I forgot about lunch!" he muttered under his breath. Because of the situation last night, he was not able to prepare his lunchbox,  though it was questionable if it still exists anymore as his apartment was blown. He don't have any physical currency in him either as he was relying on digital transaction, but because he was not able to charge his phone last night, it had no power left to do so.

"Let's see, if I remember correctly my ID is something like 1...A9-3H....." while Glynne was busy muttering with himself, he does not notice a certain white haired girl approaching him.

"Hey Glynne, you alright?" Kiana asked, worried as she sees the boy slumped on his desk.

"Hm?" Glynne was interrupted by the sudden voice and unconsciously raise his head to look who it is. "Kiana?... Did you say something?"

Kiana pouted at the boy's question. "Are you not listening? I asked if you are having trouble about something."

"It is not obvious?" Glynne frowned. "As you can see, I don't have anything for lunch." he spread his arms demonstrating he has nothing.

"As expected, it's like what Mei said." Kiana said while she crossed her arms. "Fufufu, be grateful Glynne. You will have a chance to eat Mei's handmade food!"

Looking at Kiana who is acting haughty all of a sudden, Glynne can only tilt his head in confusion.

@@@@@@@@@@@

"DELICIOUS!!" Glynne exclaimed as he tasted the godly food created by Mei. He can't help but continue to picking up food in the lunchbox and putting it in his mouth. He can savor every flavor in every bite. Now he know why Kiana was acting that way a while ago.

"I know, right? Come on, eat some of this bell peppers too." Kiana said happily as she snared another one to become a comrade of hers.

"Kiana, what are you doing!? You should eat your vegetables." Mei scolded seeing through Kiana's plan.

"Kiana Idiotka would still not get smarter even if she ate those." insert Bronya with her sarcastic remarks.

"What did say to me?!" Kiana responded as raise in her seat.

"You two, what did I say about starting a fight?  Fu Hua reprimanded making the two to only glare at each other while eat their lunch.

Mei smiled as all seems to came back normal again. She glanced at the new addition of the group as he happily savors every bite of his food like it was his last meal. Mei smiled wryly upon seeing it.

Mei view of Glynne was not that favorable. He was the root cause why her friend was feeling down a few days ago, as if she can just forgive anyone who hurt those who are close to her. The stunt he did last night did not help either, as in her opinion, there are better ways to do it.

However it isn't like Mei can just voice her opinion. Though he looked peaceful eating his lunch right now, she knew that he is suffering something major and what happened to Kiana was just an unintentional consequence.

She can tell that the smile of his wasn't what it appear truly appear on the surface. It reminded her of herself a year ago, back before she met Kiana.

"Mr. Glynne Romero from class 1-A, please report to the principal office immediately. I repeat, Mr. Glynne Romero from class 1-A, please report to the principal office immediately." the PA system announced, interrupting the peaceful lunch of the group.

"What do you think Principal needed me with?" asked Glynne as he reluctantly finishes his lunch.

"Must be that right?" Kiana questioned.

"Hm, must be it." Bronya answered while nodding her head.

"It always surprising how fast she work." Mei commented.

Glynne tilted his head in confusion as it seems like the Trio knew about it but replied vaguely to him when he asked.

"Anyway, you should get going now. You would never want getting on the bad side of Principal." Fu Hua said to him pushing his back.

Glynne was still confused as he pushed outside of the classroom. He only let out a sigh as he had no other choice but walk towards the principal's office.

===========

Phew, I did a lot of research about the backstory of Honkai Impact, and I'm starting to see a lot of plot holes in my story.  Though this may be a Fanfic, I'm trying my best to incorporate some of the canon stories of the game.

It was not a mistake to say that the idea of this story is something along, "How to make an original character and put it into a already established story but without changing much of it?". So instead of an AU, this is more like a Parallel Universe with some subtle differences.

Don't be mistaken though, I'm still taking some liberties from here and there.

Anyway, it was fortunate that Honkai impact has a missing character on the main plotline so I grabbed that and was able to expand on it. I did say I had huge plans for this story and I'm excited to write all of it.

That said, presenting a tease for the upcoming chapter.