Chapter 19: Running Wild (Part 2)

Himeko lunges at the creature with her Greatsword over her head. Using the weight of the sword and the additional power from her leap, she was able to deliver a fast downwards cleave to the black wolf's head. However the attack missed as it continued on to the ground and leaving a huge crater.

"Tsk" Himeko clicked her tongue as she look over the creature. It dodged by jumping backwards and now it seems seems to be wary of it's assailant as it slowly circles around her.

Himeko positioned herself and lock eyes with the creature. She charges again, dragging the sword on the ground.

The creature stand on its ground, lowering his upper body. As the red streak draws near. It dodges the upwards diagonal slash by leaping sideways.

Himeko has no time to recover as the creature bear its fangs and lunge towards her. However she use the weight of her sword to carry her body out of the way while delivered a kick towards the creatures chin.

"Activate!"

The world around Himeko suddenly turnes blue. Everything except her is moving in slow motion. Taking this advantage, she quickly recovered her stance and started slicing at the black beast.

Himeko concentrated on the hardened parts. Connecting multiple heavy blows, the creatures honkai parts was shattered and blown away from the mist like body.

But it wasn't enough, soon the passage of time returns to normal. Himeko notice this as she stop her onslaught and back away.

She watch as the Time Fracture fades away and the wolf like figure was suddenly blown away to the nearby rubbles.

Dust cloud rose upon impact but Himeko still raises her guard as she lowers her hips and prepared her greatsword.

"Grrrrruahh!!!!"

From the dust, the creature charges at great speed. However, since Himeko was ready to intercept, she swung her sword upwards and hit the creature's underbelly. It let out a yelp as it was send flying towards the sky.

Himeko took this chance and jump along with it. With a circular motion, she smashes her Greatsword at the creature sending it back to the ground, creating a huge crater and dust clouds.

"It's still standing?!" Himeko exclaimed in surprised. Despite getting hit by multiple heavy attacks, the creature still has strength to stand up. Not only that, the destroyed hardened parts regenerated back...., No it seems like it was replaced by a new skin.

Himeko notice that the pace of the black aura's physical manifestation has begun to increase. She felt that she was steadily running out of options to save the boy inside.

"Tsk.... If it comes to this then I won't be holding back anymore!" She shouted and begun charging at the creature again.

Sensing the approaching enemy, the creature also charges towards Himeko to intercept her.

"Huurrryah"

Himeko shouted as she launches an upwards strike. The creature doesn't dodge but instead parry it with its claws.

Their weapons let out sparks as both of them clashes with each other. With none was able to overpower the other, both weapons only deflected each other.

However the creature has a set of two claws. Even if one was deflected, it can still attack using the other. It tries to deliver another attack by swiping the other claw.

Himeko, sensing the attack, use the momentum of her deflected sword swing as she did a circular motion to intercept the incoming claws. This time however she was able to overpower its claws and continued on to the head of the creature.