Chapter 31: Customization and Shopping

Fu Hua decided to train with him every morning. However it was postponed as the sky decided to rain last night, making their training area wet and muddy.

Glynne can't really train today as he was still banned in the training room. Having no other choice, he decided to spent his time on the weapon development facility.

"Should I improve its overall power?" Glynne inquired as he put a hand on his chin. His newly acquired Barette M95 was dismantled as its parts are spread all over the working table.

"Negative, the Barette series are already powerful. Any further upgrade in that part would disrupt the balance." Bronya suggested as she also observed the parts while taking down notes using a floating holographic screen.

"I know, however I don't think it would be enough to quickly kill an Honkai beast." Glynne scratched the back of his head. If he calculated it right, all he could do was to disrupt and misdirect enemy attacks. Though that itself was not bad as he can support his teammates, it would a different scenario if he were to go solo.

"Don't be down. You still have the power of your battlesuit, right?" Bronya reassured as she reminded Glynne about his trump card.

"It's true that I would be able to compensate if I used that." Glynne ponders. "But if we're going with that route, I need to customize the magazines and bullets then."

Glynne was a bit reluctant in doing that though, expending materials on disposable stuffs are a bit wasteful in his opinion.

"By the way, Bronya suggest to also upgrade on the durability. Bronya think that it would be a good investment for future customization." Glynne agreed at Bronya's opinion. However with the limited resources he would need to think wisely what to do first.

Glynne was deep in thought as he was thinking hard what to do. He reach to his side for the snacks he prepared earlier and munch on it.

Crunch!

Crunch? — Glynne thought. What he prepared was potato chips for the snacks so he expected it to be make a crisp noise instead of a hard crunching sound. Also he thought they were supposed to be a bit salty but he tasted something else instead. For some reason it felt familiar.

"Glynne, are you okay?!" Glynne was started when Bronya started shaking him. He snapped back into reality and saw the worried look on her eyes. "Are you feeling any stomach ache or something?!"

"What are you talking about?" Glynne tilted his head as he was confused at Bronya's questions.

"Y-you digested a honkai part!" Bronya exclaimed, somewhat panicking. It's really hard to tell with her impassive voice and face.

Glynne look down to his hands. There, he was holding a piece of scale that seems to belong to a fish-like honkai beast.

So that's why it taste familiar... — Glynne nonchalantly thought. He just shrugged his shoulders as he told Bronya that there was nothing to worry about.

Despite Bronya still unsure about Glynne words, they both started working on the weapon.

@@@@@@@@@

"Hhmmmpppp" Glynne moaned while he stretches his hurting back. He heard creaking sounds as he felt relief spreading all over his body.

Glynne and Bronya worked nonstop on customizing his weapon for a few hours. Though nothing seems to have been changed, its overall durability has been upgraded. This is achieved by fusing honkai materials on some parts of the weapon.

"Good work you two." The two was surprised when two cups of juice was place in front of them. They turned their head and look towards the culprit.