Chapter 17: A Glimpse of His Past

"By the way Glynne, why didn't you used that gun in your duel?" Bronya asked as she watches Glynne doing maintenance on his M1911 handgun.

"This one?" Glynne showed the disassembled gun for confirmation, in which Bronya nodded in affirmation. "Ah.... Well, how should I say this.... Uhm..."

Bronya tilted her her head as she saw Glynne seemingly hesitant.

Glynne scratches the back of his head and let out a sign. He finally made up his decision as this wasn't that much of a big deal to keep it a secret, ".... To be honest, this gun wasn't originally mine."

The boy's confession made Bronya confuse, the way he said earlier made her think that it has a sentimental value but to think that it was a stolen weapon.

"Ah don't misunderstood," Glynne said as he seems to have read what going on Bronya's mind. "This is from a comrade of mine. He lend it to me so I would have something to help defend myself but he never came back to get it. The next morning, I found out he died."

Basing from Glynne's tone, Bronya feels like he care a lot about his friend.

"I took his gun as a memento from him since he didn't have a family. However I didn't expect that time that this gun will save my life a bunch of times." Glynne reminisced. "I guess it served the original purpose why it was given to me." he added in a mocking tone.

The room fell into a moment of silence, only the sound of a gun being clean can be heard.

Glynne felt awkward for bringing them into this situation so he cleared his throat and decided to answer Bronya's question. "So... Yeah, despite being in my possession for a long time. It was never been registered as my own. In short, this thing can be considered an illegal product." the boy said as he pieces the gun back together.

".... Is that so" Bronya said in a low voice. Seems like the previous atmosphere still affected her.

Glynne look at the small girl in a bitter smile, now he regretted telling her about it. However he can't bring back time and he is also bad at consoling others. He just silently sat there and bring out two other weapons from his bag. The normal M1911 handgun and the common smoke grenade he looted from the attack last night.

Bronya just silently watch from the side as Glynne started to disassemble the weapons. He seems to be quite an expert at this as he was able to do it in just a matter of seconds.

Bit by bit, Glynne examined them carefully. He sometimes pause and mutter something before continuing to work.

"Mr. Romero, your ordered weapons has arrive." The intercom on the room announce.

However despite this, Glynne was still concentrated on his work. Bronya sense that he might took a while so she decided to get his new weapons for him.

Bronya told Glynne her plan and he only replied by a soft grunt as a affirmation. She left the room, leaving only the boy alone in it.

After a few moments, Glynne straightened his back and look up at the ceiling. "As expected, it was her." He muttered under his breath.

He just remain unmoving for a few seconds, but for Glynne he felt it was almost an hour.

Just like his gun, some companies tend to customize their own weapons to gain the upper hand. Though it looks like the canister and the gun are normal, the gunpowder that was used on the bullets and for the smokescreen was something different. Glynne knew this kind of formula that are used in creating them, he cannot be mistaken as it was something so familiar to him.

"In the end, I cannot escape from her..... " he muttered. The past will always come to bite back. He thought he already escaped from it but that wasn't the case. One year...., it only gave him one year of peaceful life before he was suddenly pulled down again.

"If that's want you like..... Then I gladly play your game.... " Glynne said to nobody in particular as he felt something snapped inside of him.

Suddenly there was a flashing red light coming from the outside. The sound of the siren wailing can be heard at the distance.

"Attention to all students, a large burst of Honkai energy has occurred on the city. Please remain calm and stay on the campus. I repeat, please remain calm and stay on the campus." the intercom announced.

"Ah..... What a great timing...... " Glynne said, his voice getting darker by the second. His eyes let out an eerie red light and his lips slowly curve up into an sadistic smile. He stood up and drag his feet to the door. ".....Time to have some FUN..... "

Glynne's back lit up as he disappeared from the room.

@@@@@@@@

Why.....

Why...?

Why?

WHY!?

Glynne's head was full of questions. Going towards the sound of siren and explosions, his mind was in mixed emotions of anger, sadness, frustration, and pain, but strangely though his face has a wide smile. He was too confused that his only thought was to kill. His huge bloodlust that emanates from his body was forming like a black fog.

He met countless people running away for their lives. The constant explosions and flying rumble would constantly shake the ground. Despite all this, he still continued running ahead as if nothing is in front of him.

"You! Stop right there!" a mechanical soldier tried to stop Glynne by getting in his way. However he just run by pass him, not even giving time react as the soldier only saw green streak of light.

"GUUUUWWWAAAAAAAARRRHH!!!!!!!"

An indescribable scream rung out on the whole street as a Chariot level honkai beast appeared out of the ground. The beast looks like a gorilla, stubby legs with huge chest and arms. Just like all honkai beast, its skin is smooth with a color white and purple tron lines going throughout its whole body

"... Found one...!" Glynne muttered as he laughs maniacally. The light on his back grew stronger and stronger.

It wasn't even a second after the honkai beast appeared, it quickly covered by the black smoke as it turned into light particles. However this wasn't Glynne's concern, he just continued to run, running towards where the honkai beast would appear.

=========

So yeah, quarantine has been extended. Another month of writing again. XD

BTW if you have any questions about this FanFic, just ask.

Anyways, thanks for reading!!!