Chapter 45: Warning

"....." Glynne is feeling bothered for a while now. Ever since he got to school this morning, he has been receiving multiple stares from his fellow students. He didn't know why, but when he would ask the reason, they would just dodge the question and excuse themselves away.

Letting out a huge sigh, he walked down the hallways while heads would turn into his direction. Since he don't know why this his happening, he can't really do much about it.

As he turned around the corner, his path was suddenly blocked by a girl with a certain strawberry blonde hair with drills. "Hey, can I talk to you for a second." she said in an imposing manner while both of her hands are on her hips.

Whispers begun to erupt from the surroundings. Glynne could tell that this will troublesome but her eyes seems like she will not accept 'no' for an answer. Sighing once again, he scratched the back of his head and say, "...Sure,"

@@@@@

He followed the girl inside an empty classroom. It seems like she really didn't want for their conversation to be heard as he watches her close the door behind them.

Elena turned around, her eyes are glaring at the boy. He really don't understand why the hostility but he decided to hear what she will say as he leaned on the teacher's table.

"Let me ask you, do you know why people have been starting at you lately?" she interrogated.

"Nope," Glynne shrugged his shoulders to signal that he has no clue about it.

"Sigh, why are all men so insensitive...." she muttered under her breath while shaking her head. "Just checking, but you will be teaming up with the Trio and Ms. Fu Hua, right?"

"Eh, how did you know?" Glynne asked, surprised by how news spread so fast. Although it really isn't a secret, but the agreement was only made yesterday.

"So it is true..." Elena muttered nodding her head in confirmation. She glared at Glynne once again and walk closer to him, well at least two steps closer. The boy furrowed his eyebrows as he is getting glared quite a lot. "I'm telling this as a warning but you should leave that team."

Glynne's eyes sharpened as it was his turn to glare at the girl. He didn't really like the words that she spouted but he manage to hold himself back from just walking away. "I'll give you one minute to explain yourself."

He noticed how fear flashed in her eyes but she quickly hide it by closing her eyes and crossing her arms to look like she doesn't care. "You should know this by now, but the four of them is considered as the prodigy in our year."

Glynne nodded in agreement but he still stood silently to let Elena to continue.

"With the coming exam, it is obvious how everyone wanted to team up with them. However, it isn't like it is without a catch. Whether you like it or not, people will treat you some sort of a parasite that is just leeching to them, much more towards a man like you." she said as she points at the boy.

Glynne closes his eyes to process Elena's words. The nature of human jealousy, if they can't get it, they will make sure no one would either. It is a very selfish reason but humans are very selfish to begin with.

"You understand it right? If you don't want to stand out, then it better if you leave and join some other group." Elena suggested.

Maybe she was right.... It's true that Glynne doesn't want to get unnecessary attention. It is just too troublesome to deal with and frankly, he would undoubtedly choose to do anything just to not get any. Not to mention, he don't like to be drag into the underground again because he may get discovered.