Chapter 8: A Secret

It's strange - Kiana thought. She knows very well that her Aunt Theresa was always busy doing paperwork during school hours, but for her allocate some time in her schedule to visit a student in the school clinic is very strange.

As of now, the principal was busy discussing things with Himeko at the back and Fu Hua left a while ago to check up on the other patients. The only ones in the ward right now are her and Glynne.

"Hey, are you okay?" she asked. Glynne has been quiet for a few minutes now, to be honest Kiana was feeling a bit awkward.

He gave no answer, his eyes was still overcast by the shadows created by his hair. Kiana became a bit worried about him as he was feeling a bit down ever since. Although her opinion of him was not great, she was not insensitive enough to disregard what he is feeling right now. However there is still some things she need to know.

"Hey, is it true?" Kiana asked trying to strike a conversation with him. "Is it true that you hold back on me?"

Glynne just meekly nodded. Normally, Kiana would be mad at this but contrary to it, she calmly just sat down near his bed.

"Uhm," Kiana scratches her chin, "Can you tell me why?"

Glynne remained quiet, even when Kiana tried poking him. Seems like the interrogation earlier has disturbed him quite a lot. Seeing how the boy was unresponsive, see had nothing to do but observe him. It was then she noticed the scar on the back of his neck. Though she did noticed it on the first day, it was the first time she saw it up close.

Kiana was about to move nearer to take a closer look but the curtain opened distracting her. She look over to see Theresa and Himeko coming in.

"Glynne, I'm sorry about earlier." Himeko opened up by apologizing. "I never knew you had such circumstances just until now."

"I'm also sorry too, Glynne." Theresa followed up. "I forgot to inform my staffs about you. This happen because of my incompetence."

Kiana felt confused when the two adults started apologizing while bowing. Whatever the reason might be, it must be quite serious to even make a teacher and the principal to apologize to him.

Kiana was flustered, she was not sure if she would also apologize to him or not. She was about to open her mouth when the boy started moving and look at them with his emerald eyes.

"Please," He pleaded in a low voice, "don't tell this to anyone else."

"Of course," Theresa replied in confidence while pounding her childish chest. "I'll also inform Fu Hua later, that way whatever happened here only stays here."

"Thanks, I would appreciate it." Glynne said, flashing them a smile.

It was not the overconfident smile that he always show, it was also not the smirk he showed during their duel. It was a pure and sincere smile. Kiana felt her heart ached after seeing it.

@@@@@@

It was decided that Glynne would spend the night at the clinic and would given an excuse to not come tomorrow so he would cope up with his emotions.

Kiana can't help but think about him. She never would have thought that he was cornered by that much. She felt apologetic inside.

"I'm back!" Kiana announce after entering her dorm.

"Ah, welcome back Kiana." Mei greeted her as she came out of the kitchen. Seeing her wearing a frilly apron while her dark hair tied up in a ponytail, Kiana can't help but feel her mood lighten up a little bit.

"Ah, I thought Kiana Idoitka would stay in the hospital to have her check her non-existant brain." and as per usual, Bronya, who was playing HOMU fighters on the TV, casually slide in a sarcastic remark after seeing her enter the living room.

"What did you say?!" Kiana yelled, "Alright, you and me, I'm feeling confident I would beat you today!"

Of course, what she meant was not a duel but a one on one match on the video game, HOMU fighters.

"Hmph, Bronya is still undefeated. Kiana Idiotka would never had the chance in defeating me." Bronya said while pounding her chest.

"We'll see about that!" Kiana grab the other controller and quickly connected it to the game console.

Mei giggled as Kiana seems to have came back to normal. She noticed how down Kiana was when she entered the dorm.

Mei was worried about her friend and wanted to cheer her up. But because she don't know why she was feeling like that, she don't know what to say.

If she was not mistaken, Kiana visited Glynne before coming back. She can't help but feel that the boy has a connection to what her friend is feeling right now.

"Now that I think about it, this is not the first time... " Mei muttered as she entered the kitchen. It was also like the case last week when Kiana was throwing a tantrum after coming home from the training room. Now that she think about it, that was also Glynne's fault.

Mei was convinced, she decided to confront the boy first thing in the morning.

@@@@@@

"Ma'am, a report came in." a man in a suit said after handling an electronic tablet to a women sitting on a luxury seat.

"Hoh, interesting," she said as she swiped up and read the report.

"Seems like my poor little puppy mess up."

=========

So yeah, ideas keeps popping up.

Since I feel productive this past few days, I keep on uploading new chapters per day. However, expect to slow down a bit after a few chapters. Seriously there is too much time in my hands right now.

Btw if you already notice, I started branching on other characters. I don't want this story to just focus on Glynne and Kiana so from here on, others will become more involve. But seriously, its hard to write three or more characters talking to each other.

Anyway, thanks for reading!