Chapter 3: Preparation and Penalty

"My name Kiana Kaslana! I challenge you, Glynne Romero in a duel!" the entire class was dumbfounded at Kiana's announcement. It was not soon that the crowd became noisy.

"Kiana, w-what are you doing?!" asked Mei clearly flustered at what her friend has done.

"Blockhead did you already drop what's left inside of your head?" Broya said questioning Kiana's remaining sanity.

However even with the noises in the background, Kiana doesn't seem to be shaken. She was just standing, staring at the back of the student she challenged to a duel.

Scratching the back of his head, Glynne can't help but let out a huge sigh. He slowly turned around meeting once again the ocean blue eyes of Kiana.

"I refu-"

"Oh my isn't that a great idea, Kiana." Glynne wanted to decline but he was cut off by Himeko before he could talk. "Principal did say that you need to get adjusted to this academy first. What better way than to spar with a student of this school, that way at least you can get a gist of how student are trained here, am I right Mr. Glynne?"

"Y-yeah" The boy in question felt a cold sweat running down his cheeks. He felt pressure coming from Himeko's words making him reflexively agree with her. He still remained calm though, as there are still ways to minimize attracting some unnecessary attention.

"Then, are you okay with the duel Mr. Glynne?" Himeko asked which earned a nod from the boy albeit still reluctant. "Since this one is interesting, I am willing to postpone the subject to give time for both combatants to prepare and fight. The arena will be this room since this is originally built for fighting."

With Himeko's announcement, the whole class seems to be glad. As stated earlier, the BattleSim is a difficult training regime. It was not a surprise that most of then felt happy when it was postponed, though it was only a bit later. That aside, the topic immediately shift to the upcoming duel. Some seems to be excited as they might be able to see how the new student fight. Some even already placing bet on who would win. For additional information, the betting odds of Glynne winning are 7/1. Yep, although some were excited to see him fight, their expectations are not that high.

As for the two involved, they are merely staring back at each other. Not in a romantic way, but with those that seems like imaginary sparks flying through the air.

"Alright you two, you need need to cool your heads off first." Perhaps sensing the hostility between the two, Himeko interrupted by going in between them. "I believe both of you still need some preparations to do." She added before dismissing them.

Kiana swayed her white hair backwards with a "Hmph" then walk pass by her opponent. Glynne soon also followed suite after clicking his tongue in irritation.

"Ah before I forgot!" Himeko suddenly stop them from their tracks. "To avoid any one of you holding back, I suggest a penalty should be given to the one who will lose."

Glynne's eyes begun to open wide. He thought that in the past week he fooled the whole class into thinking he was something not worth paying any attention. He thought that the only exception to this was Kiana, the girl he accidentally met on the training area and saw his capability. Though it may have a chance that was just only him being anxious, he felt something in his guts that his teacher Himeko might have seen right through his farce.

He unconsciously gulped down his saliva, hoping that whatever punishment his teacher would think would not be unreasonable.

"Then how about this, whoever loses would serve the winner for a whole day." Himeko suggested.

Glynne tense shoulders slump down a bit. The punishment was still light judging by his standards. Even if he don't have any intention of winning, he still doesn't want to lose that easily. Although Himeko's plan was to avoid holding back, it was not enough for him go all out. He still need to do his best a little, just enough so it would look like that was his limit.

"I don't see any problem with that. " Glynne said while crossing his arms.

Kiana's eyebrow raise up, with how her opponent seems to act, it basically says that he was confident on winning. "Heh, so you agreed to it because you just wanted a cute girl serving you, right? What a perv." She said in a taunting manner.

"Oh, so you admit I can defeat you?" It backfired though. Spouting the word "defeating her" has really gotten quickly on her nerves.

Her face turned red in anger and left the room while shouting, "We'll see about that!"

Seeing his opponents antics, Glynne's lip turned into a smirk. Seems like it wasn't that a bad of an idea to win - he thought.

================

Oops, sorry to disappoint.

To be honest even I don't expect this. I originally plan for this chapter to be the duel but I still need to make some preparations first before the actual fight. What I don't expect is that the preparations would be this long. Before I knew it I ran out of words for a single chapter.

I did thought of breaking the short chapter rule but that would be hard for me as I still needed to edit the chapter to correct any spelling or grammar errors. If there are more words per chapter then obviously he time to edit would would also increase.

Anyway, I'm will take this opportunity to apologize for any misspellings and grammatical errors. Writing on a phone has its downsides.

Next chapter will be up soon. Just a warning though, This is the first time I wrote a battle scene.

Welp, challenge accepted!