Chapter 26: The Aftermath

Glynne felt something heavy in his sleep. Feeling a bit uncomfortable as he groaned, he shift and turn in an attempt to find the right spot.

His face landed into something soft. Thinking it was a pillow, he put his hands over and tries to hug it.

"Ahh..."

However, Glynne's mind quickly froze as he heard someone moan. Now that he think about it, the pillow is quite warm and would sometimes squirm on its own.

"Oh my.... Impatient, aren't you.... "

That was the last straw. Glynne's drowsiness was thrown out of the window. He quickly opened his eyes to see the sleeping face of red-haired woman.

"Hehehe..." Himeko giggled strangely while sleep talking. Glynne furrowed his eyebrows as the woman seems to be having a naughty dream.

He wondered why she is on his bed. However he didn't take too long to discover it as he smelled alcohol coming from her.

She might have been drunk and mistaken my room as hers - he thought.

This was not his first time experiencing this kind of situation. Due to a certain somebody always doing this in the past, his mind was clear and already know how to deal with this kind of stuff.

Gently, he distance himself from Himeko. However perhaps feeling that his warm was going away, the woman groaned in her sleep as she tries to grabs him.

Glynne quickly reach for a pillow and presented it the incoming hand. It took the bait as Himeko grabbed and hug it.

"Phew... " the boy sigh in relief as he wiped his forehead. He smiled wryly upon seeing Himeko peaceful face while crushing the pillow in her sleep.

Slowly, he tiptoed his way out of the room. Glynne didn't want to disturb her as he knows too well how drunk people act when they are suddenly got woke up. He just took a quick note in his head to give her a glass of water later to elevate her hangover.

@@@@@@@

Glynne washes his face as he look himself in the mirror. He look a bit thinner than before. Apparently, he was unconscious on the hospital for two weeks. He just discovered this just after he was discharged a few days ago.

The doctors said to him that they discovered him in a brink of death. He has multiple ruptured organs and his internal bleeding was severe. He was lucky he was able to get to a hospital quickly. However his injuries are severe that it wouldn't be a surprise if he was put into a coma, or worst death. It was somehow a miracle that he survive and be able to recover in such a short amount of time.

Though that was really not news for Glynne anymore. It was like a built-in perk for being a lab experiment. Since scientist are quite impatient, they don't want to waste time waiting for him to recover. As such, his body was modified to recover faster by using the honkai energy he passively absorbs from the surrounding.

What he didn't expect though was how severe the backlash was. "Well I guess its the effect of transforming twice in a row. " He concluded as he scratched his head.

He removed his shirt and face his back on the mirror. A huge scar is running down his back. His stigmata was not that visible because of it. He can only see some of it peeking on the undamaged area of the skin.

Did it got darker again? - he thought. Stigmata usually has a crimson red color, but his looks like in a much darker shade. His face wrinkled in worry, however it wasn't he can do anything against it so he just shrugged it off and went to do his morning business.

@@@@@@@@

It was still early, however Theresa is already working on the paperwork in her office. It was for the monthly report she need to sent to the headquarters. It was supposed to be done last week but because of a certain someone rampaging, she was not in the mood to do so until just a few days ago.

Ping!

An alert pop up as a holographic screen floats near her to inform about an incoming call. Theresa raised one of her eyebrows, curious about the name of the caller.

She put down her pen and operated a terminal near her. The room darkens as a large screen slowly dropped down behind her. He rotates her chair to face it as the screen came alive to reveal a man with long golden hair and green eyes.

"Morning Overseer Otto, what reason did you call me?" Theresa greeted.

"So cold..." Otto remarked. "I wouldn't mind calling me Grandfather." he teased.

"I respectfully decline." Theresa said. "Besides you didn't call just for to check on me, right?"

Otto knows that Theresa hated him so she always goes straight to the point. It wasn't really that upsetting, considering what he has done. He smiled as she stared at the Principal, "How's the boy?"

Theresa flinched a bit. The existence of the boy was not really a secret to Otto. The boy was a special existence, it was not weird if the higher ups would know about him. In fact he was the one who suggested enrolling the boy on Saint Freya Academy.

"I heard he was involved in an incident." Otto stated.

"Your quite late on the news." said Theresa.

"I know, I'm a busy man. I just recently discovered that he woke up a couple days ago." Otto said seemingly sad.

Theresa raised an eyebrow. "You seem to already knew he is fine. Why are you still asking?"

"Oh Theresa, you knew I'm a meticulous man. I don't want any vague information." Otto pointed out.

His behavior seems to pissed Theresa. She click her tongue inside her head as she reported him the boy's condition in full detail.

Otto nodded, seemingly satisfied on the report. He sense that Theresa is becoming impatient, he smiled at how cute she was trying to hide it.

"By the way the next Promotion Examination is right around the corner, right? I will be sending in someone as a judge this time. Make sure to prepare a room for accommodations" Otto said as he abruptly ended the call.

"W-wait" Theresa was not able to comprehend what he said for a while. However that wasn't the least of her worries.

"Ah, Glynne haven't catch up with his lesson yet." she realized and begun contacting the boy to meet her in the library.

=============

Yosh! Act 2 is finally starting. Plot is now paved and a new character will join! Ufufu, I know most of you already knew who she is.

Btw, this is his stigmata...

*Edit*

*Edit*

New design... Courtesy of LeonoraSchmidt

Anyway, hope you continue to enjoy this book!!