Chapter 23: The Reason of Living (Part 1)

AN: Oh look a Flashback.....

==================

This was a story a couple years ago. A story that was set on the a place were deaths was not that uncommon.

"What is a kid doing in here?" a middle age man in a military uniform, asked. Based from the insignia attached to his arm, he seems to be the highest in command in this battlefield.

"Sir! This is the package sent by the science department." the soldier besides the boy, reported.

Another experiment again? — the commander raise an eyebrow. His company isn't that unfamiliar in dealing with experimental products. However it was the first for them to be sent a kid who looks like it haven't age two digits yet, he can't help but doubt the sanity of those behind this.

The commander crouched down on the same eye as the boy. He noticed his green eyes seemingly devoid of light. "Hey kid, what's your name?" he gently asked as he pat his head.

"......... Raz... " there was a small pause before the boy said his name in a low audible tone.

"I see, what a great name." the commander praise, trying to cheer up the kid. "Nice to meet you, Raz. I am Commander Glynne. If you like, you can just call me Glynne."

The kid just silently nodded.

The commander felt sympathy for Raz. He stood up and signed the soldier escorting him to move closer. He whispered something, making the soldier flustered. However since it was an order from the highest authority, he just saluted while shouting "Sir, yes sir!"

"Let's go" the soldier said, guiding Raz out of the tent.

@@@@@@@@@

"What's a kid doing here?" it was the second time that was asked. It cannot be help since it really is unusual to see a young boy participating in a battlefield.

The soldier saluted as he explained the situation and the commander's orders.

The platoon leader smiled bitterly, this isn't the first time he witness children being experimented on. However it doesn't mean he was in favor of it.

"You are dismissed soldier," he said to the man behind the boy, prompting him to leave.

Just like with the commander, the platoon leader crouched down and patted the boy's head. "Hey kiddo, do you know where this is?" he asked.

Raz stared at the man. He has a white hair and blue eyes, features that the boy would soon forget as he knows that he will only meet him once. It was always been like this, people always pity him at the start. However when they discover his powers, they started to distance themselves from him.

A wrinkle formed on the forehead of the platoon leader, the kid was not that responsive like he hoped. He sense that the innocence of a child was already gone inside, he has no emotion nor any will to live. He was just like a puppet, only to be controlled by those who are above him.

BOOmmmm!

Suddenly, an explosion occurred as sirens are simultaneously rang out. The two felt a huge mass of honkai energy forming somewhere. This means that a huge number of honkai beast would spawn.

The platoon leader got up and prepared for the upcoming fight. He picked up two similar pistols on his desk and put on a white coat. "You stay here and hide. I'm gonna deal with this annoyances." he ordered Raz as he got out of the tent. 

@@@@@@@

"Commander Glynne, how's the situation?" the platoon leader asked right after he arrived with his entire platoon.