Part 2 - Chapter Sixteen

I placed a hand against his sturdy chest, my arm immediately feeling a weird sensation as I pushed against him, "Get off me."

He obliged by jumping to his feet and Cameron helped me up, holding my arm as I swayed, "That was some knock to your head," Cameron said as he touched the back of my head, making me wince.

I looked at the rogue and then at the men, "We need him alive." I said reaching up to touch my head, I should just grab some ice from the ground and place it against the lump, "Can I speak to your Alpha?"

"You're looking at him," the voice across from me spoke again and I turned to look back into stormy eyes. His voice wasn't concerning like before, it was deep and demanded authority.

"We can talk inside," He said, turning around as his men came to grab the rogue. I held out a hand stopping them.

"Don't worry, I'll take him to where we hold the others and you can question him later." the tall lanky man said.

I pursed my lips before nodding, "Please give him this." I reached into my pocket pulling out some medicinal wolfsbane, "I need him fully healed so I can interrogate him."

The man nodded grabbing the small tube and they both dragged him across in the same direction that Alpha Hercules Ryder was going.

"Do you want me to follow them?" Cameron asked as we got closer to the house and the men holding the rogue went another way.

"That's ok" I said, following the hulk and Hercules instead.

As we entered a room, a petite lank man, compared to the men before me, came running in, his eyes frantic as he yelled.

"Hercules! Hercules! The committee called the Enforcers are coming! I hid the accounts in the firep— oh."

I couldn't help but crack a smile at his expression when he saw Cameron and I, dressed top to bottom in our uniform.

"Stupid mutt," The hulk muttered slapping the back of the puny guy's head. I decided not to point out that we had nothing to do with accounts. We don't care how much they make, or how they make it.

"Why is Hercules in handcuffs?" he asked, rubbing the back of his head, as he followed us all into a big room.

Cameron and I took seats on one side as the others took seats on the other, awkward silence filled the air.

"So introductions?" Cameron asked, assessing the tense atmosphere, "I am Cameron and this is Illargia, and we're obviously the Enforcers that are coming so please fish these accounts from wherever you hid them," joked Cameron but the poor guy thought he was being serious and got up to move.

"We're kidding, sit down," I told him.

I then looked at Hercules across the other end, the man next to him spoke.

"I'm Gideon, that is Marcus and you clearly know Hercules," he said and I nodded.

"Not the best start, can I ask how you had the rogue or what you were doing to him?"

"He attacked our men on patrol so we dragged him here," Gideon answered. I looked at Hercules, who was quiet, just his grey eyes watching me making me shift in my chair. Why was he looking at me like that?

"I'm in charge of accounts and they are all accurate and there has been no cooking in the accounting books Miss Enforcer. Do you want me to take you through it?" Marcus said not reading the vibe in the room.

"Then why did you hide them?" Cameron asked and I nudged him.

"We have nothing to do with accounts or how you make money," I said, putting Marcus at ease. He let out a breath, leaning against the chair and sighing.