Part 1 - Chapter Eight

"You must be the first wolf in history to throw a party for rogues," I said as I walked inside Damien's office without knocking, instead of the glare I was expecting, he simply chuckled at the paper he was writing on and his eyes flickered up meeting mine, very briefly before they went back to the paper.

His blue eyes narrowed on something he was reading before he quickly signed the bottom as I lowered myself all too comfortably into the chair opposite him.

"Can I help you with something, or are you here just to compliment me?" Damien asked.

I scoffed and then noticed something on his table, I leaned over which caught his attention. He watched me curiously as I picked up the jar and leaned back into the chair.

"Who would have thought that the big bad Alpha liked gummy bears?" I said wrinkling my nose, I didn't like gummy bears, but they were tolerable – plus I was craving for sugar.

"Big bad Alpha huh?" He asked as I placed a green bear into my mouth, of course Alphas only heard the things that made them even more cockier.

"Don't flatter yourself," I replied, "I say that to everyone, plus isn't that what the three little pigs and little red riding hood described them as?" I asked confused, or was there another fairytale with wolves in them?

I rummaged till I found a red gummy bear popping into my mouth, well aware that I probably got my germs on all of the other gummies – perfect, maybe I could take the jar with me to my room.

Damien leaned back dropping his pen onto the table, "What did you want Illagria?" he asked

"Illargia," I said annoyed, "Is it that hard?" I asked curiously.

"Sorry, and a bit," he admitted, crossing one long leg over another, I noticed he was already, ready for tonight, dressed in a suit, with his jacket at the back of his chair, he looked like a typical Alpha doing business.

"Then call me Hill, and I can't believe you are throwing a party. What happened to 'I'm having a quick meeting with the rogues?'" I asked.

I got that he wanted to talk to them, but wasn't throwing a party just a bit too much.

I popped a yellow gummy in my mouth, wrinkling my nose, god the yellow ones were not my favourite at all. I swallowed it, grabbing a few white ones to diminish the taste.

"To talk with them," Damien said. Well duh.

"I think we established that," I said with a mouth full, which was a bad idea as one gummy popped out, I looked down mortified as it landed on my shirt, but I picked it up popping it back in my mouth, "Sorry," I said embarrassed.

Damien shook his head simply chuckling.

"Anyways, where was I," I said clearing my throat and swallowing them, "Rogues, party," I waved a hand before popping a green gummy bear into my mouth.

"Because I wish to find out what they want," Damien replied.

"And there are other ways of doing that," I said as I sifted through the jaw, why were there so many yellow gummy bears.

"What capturing them and tormenting them like the Enforcers do," he spat in disgust.

I paused, "Yep, that sounds great," I nodded, popping a green one into my mouth.

He stood up shaking his head, probably had enough of me, I mean who wouldn't, and grabbed his jacket.

"Get ready for tonight, you're not going to wear that are you?" he asked him.

I looked down and looked back at him, "I'm not here to party Damien," I replied sitting up. Right, I wasn't here to eat gummy bears either. He narrowed his eyes looking past me, like he was thinking before he nodded.