Part 3 - Chapter Twenty Seven

My parents never liked the pack life, partially because my father lived on a farm. My mother never thought twice about leaving her family to be with him and now they had acres of beautiful country land on the edge of the coast line, part of no territory. She lived as a lone wolf with just my father, and hundreds of animals.

The car came to a stop in front of a beautiful small cottage home, it was just like I remembered it. I could see Hercules was sitting tense next to me, and I looked at him as he took in his surroundings.

"You know you didn't have to come." I said as Cameron hopped out of the back seat. Hercules turned to look at me, "Of course I was going to come. Now before I face them, is there something I need to know?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like anything I need to know about them, so you know, they don't hate me or something." he said, lifting his hand to rub the back of his neck.

"Oh," I said, shrugging, "Don't worry they'll love you. My mum has a habit of adopting anyone that walks through her house, but just don't be rude to the pigs." I said.

"Pigs?" He asked.

"They love their pigs." I said as I got out of the car. Hercules got out as well, his body rigid as he looked around the farm. He was on high guard, as his eyes went around the perimeter. No doubt his wolf was uncomfortable being in a new area, a no territory zone which allowed anyone in or out.

"Right, let's do this." I said, but made no move forward. Cameron looked over his shoulder sighing "Come on Hill, they'll be happy to see you." he said.

They were always happy to see us on the surface, but I could never imagine what they were truly feeling.

Cameron made the first move walking and I quickly followed.

"Why do they love pigs?" Hercules asked.

"My parents would never have met if it wasn't for a little piglet running so they-," the door slammed open, something barrelling into me throwing me backwards at the heavyweight. If it wasn't for Hercules standing so close behind me, his instant reflex to grap by hips to steady me, I could have probably cracked my skull open on the rocky path.

I could feel the low soft growl vibrate through his chest at whoever knocked me before he stiffened.

The breath in my body escaped me for a second and I looked down, "Well you got big."

Bright blue eyes looked up at me, as well as a bright smile with a missing tooth, "HIIIIILL!" The voice screeched making all three of us wince.

"Damn it my ears!" Cameron shook his head, his green eyes dark, his wolf obviously heard that screech too.

I steadied myself as Hercules let his hands dropped and crouched down, "Hey," I said as he smiled brightly, he wasn't that little anymore and I wondered how much he grew in these four years.

I smiled, steadying myself off Hercules and crouching down, "Hey." I smiled looking at the little kid, that wasn't as little as I remembered.

He bounced, before throwing his hands around my neck making me nearly choke, "You're home!"

I patted his back as he jumped while still having his hands wrapped around my neck, "I am now." I ruffled his hair, his face buried in my neck, "Okay are you going to let go now?"

I grabbed his hands softly trying to pull them apart but they were linked, hard. And I didn't want to hurt him, damn when did he get so strong. "Noel." I said trying to pull him off me.

"No!"

I felt Hercules step back, the warmth suddenly disappeared and I stood up, Noel still wrapped around me and I placed my hands around his waist picking him up so he didn't dangle from me like a sloth, as I felt someone else enter.