Part 2 - Chapter Twenty-One

"We have to wait till Alpha Ryder comes." Argus said as I approached the cells. I had gotten up extra early and went on a run so I could utilise the time today to interrogate the rogue.

"How long do I need to wait?" I asked.

"It's okay Argus, let her in." Marcus said nodding to him. He looked at Marcus, almost like they were having a silent conversation before he opened the cell and nodded towards me.

Both of them waited outside as I walked inside, the rogue sat in the corner, his eyes fixed on me.

I sat down on the gross ground crossing my legs, "So Jeremy, do you wanna talk yet? A little prey to predators. Criminal to police. Rogue to Enforcer?"

"How do you know my name?" the rogue asked.

"I know a lot of things, I also know that before you were a rogue, you had a pack. And I also know in that pack, you have a younger sister... " what I said must have hit a nerve as he narrowed his eyes.

"Don't touch her!"

"Never said I was," I said, shaking my head, "You tell me something about Lionel and for everything you tell me, I'll tell you something in return." He nodded, his skin seemed paler than it was three days ago, the blue circles under his eyes prominent, veins sticking out.

The silver did its job.

"If you lie to me, I'll know, and I might just have to hurt you. So, with that, I won't ask you many questions. Just one, I'm sorta fair like that. So... where is Lionel?"

"He's dead."

My finger twitched – lie.

"Oh really now," I asked even though my hand was itching to pull out my gun, I hated it when they lied.

Why would you lie?

Why break my trust?

Just one step closer for me to shoot you.

Between the dripping water, the stench and the footsteps above, I was really getting annoyed and losing my patience.

"Yeah. We came across the river, took shelter in the caves and I came out for food when they found me," he said, narrowing his eyes at the guard behind me and Marcus. "And you know the rest."

"Why don't I believe you?" I asked.

"I told you! He's dead, he got shot at, it was probably one of you guys!"

"Wrong answer, maybe Amelia will know more."

I was expecting the rage, I just didn't think he would do anything stupid like charge at me. I sat there unfazed as the silver chains pulled him and he flew back. "That was stupid," I said at the same time I heard footsteps and a growl.

"I told you to wait for me Argus!"

I looked over my shoulder to see Hercules storm up to the men before he noticed me, doing a double take, "Why are you in the cell? Get out."

I ignored Hercules and looked back at the rogue, "You're annoying me," I said standing up, pulling the gun out of my pocket and taking the safety off.

"Wait, no. I'll tell you."

"Three seconds, and then I will shoot you, three, two, o—"

"They're hiding in the caves."

"—ne."

"I told you!" he said, throwing his arms up.

"Yes you did and I said I'll still shoot you on one, so we have reached the number one." I said.