Part I - Chapter Fourteen

I didn't waste a second leaping into action. The wolf's claws closed around Damien's shoulder, pushing the Alpha that was clearly not vigilant to the ground but I had my silver knife in my hand pushed against the back of the wolf.

"Off," I command, my knee pushing into the wolf on the ground. "Let go of him."

Damien wasn't in pain, but he was surprised, his eyes wide open staring at me. It must be one stupid wolf thinking it could attack a group of Alphas and Enforcers. So stupid that no one else in the cirlce moved to assist, as they knew I had it under control.

Damien slipped from under the wolf, a small scratch on his shoulder as he looked at the wolf, narrowed eyes and clenched jaws.

"Who is it?" he asked looking at the pack member, who was staring with his mouth open.

"That's not our pack member," He said.

Rogue.

But what was a rogue doing out all the way in the middle of pack territory, "Shift," I said pushing the knife further against the skin making it buck under me, trying to make me lose my grip.

It didn't matter if I lost my grip because there were three Alphas around me that would shift in an instance.

"Did you not hear her? She said Shift." Smith kicked his paw earning a low growl. The rogue obliged, shifted under me and it felt like I dropped half a metre as I landed on top of him, my knife still pressed against his throat. This time the skin sizzled where the blade touched him.

It wasn't a rogue I have seen before, but there was a look in his eye I didn't like.

"Who the hell are you?" Cameron grabbed my handcuffs from my back pocket, quickly placing the silver around him earning more snarls from the man. I stood up placing my knife away.

"Why did you try to attack Damien?" I asked, looking at Damien, "Do you know this man?"

Damien shook his head, opening to say something when the rogue spoke.

"Oh bumble bee, it's not this weasel we want."

We looked down at him, "What?" Cameron asked, still kneeling next to him.

"I've mind linked Caine, he is on his way with men." The pack member said from beside us, he bent down grabbing the rogue, forcing him to stand.

The rogue kept his eyes on me, smiling, sending a shiver through my body. There was something wrong with his eyes, almost like he was on something.

"What's he talking about?" Cameron asked me. I shrugged, I had no idea. I looked around my surroundings again, trying to see if there was anyone else watching us.

The only movement was from the leaves and branches, from the strong wind that was suddenly building up.

"We should move indoors," I said. Perhaps waiting out in the open for Caine and his men wasn't the smartest idea.

"Yes, follow me-,"

That's when I saw it, the glint of silver from high up in the trees, reflecting the sun off it and straight into my eye.

"Move, NOW!"

I grabbed the gun tucked under my shirt, I could probably take aim and get him based on the reflection of that arrow.

"Shift." I heard someone call out, but before they could I saw the bright spark move.

It was an arrow, but where was it headed?

I leapt in the direction of the arrow, knocking Cameron out of the way, falling on top of me.

Before the Alpha's could move there were more wolves in the clearing and the pack member screamed, "He's over there somewhere," and the wolves ran off in the distance that the arrow came from.