Part I - Chapter Three

The knock on my door was sharp at eight, and just as I tightened my ponytail and the door opened and I looked over my shoulder annoyed at the lack of privacy. What was the point of knocking if you were going to barge in anyways?

"The Alpha would like to speak to you before the other packs arrive," Elliot stated while he shifted on his feet. I grabbed my sweater off the bed pulling it over my head.

"Is that what you are wearing tonight?" Elliot asked curiously.

I looked down at my outfit, black pants, a shirt and a baby pink sweater, "I'm not here to party." I said and Elliot raised an eyebrow, "What's wrong with my outfit?" I asked him.

"Nothing." He quickly said. Elliot was in a formal black shirt and suit pants so compared to him I guess I was a little bit dressed down.

I followed him back downstairs where I could see a few pack members already ready, they were busy mingling, laughing and drinking. Packs made it a big deal when they had other pack visitors, the ladies were all dressed in extravagant dresses and the men in figure hugging suits.

One would think it was a wedding tonight.

I went down the stairs of the pack house and into the back half of the place, which was even bigger than I thought. There was a very big lounge room with chairs around its ends and what looked like a mingling or a dance floor in the middle. There was one long, almost endless, wooden table at the back filled with all types of refreshments and snacks.

Elliot led me to the end where his Alpha was standing talking to a group of people that left as soon as we arrived.

Damien was dressed in a suit himself, but his silver tie was done in a complicated knot and it made his blue eyes stand out as he nodded towards me in acknowledgment.

"Ilargia," bravo he said it correctly.

"Damien," I responded, forgetting to address him as Alpha Damien. It was a genuine slip up, but by the look on his face he probably thought I was doing it on purpose. I could see Elliot looking between his Alpha and me, almost like he was expecting something to happen.

"The Bire Pack is arriving tonight, I presume you have met Alpha Smith?"

"Of course," I nodded, now Smith was one of my favourites. He was the most down to earth Alpha you could get, he almost was more human like than the humans, apart from the fact that he could shift into a wolf. It had been a while since I had seen him, a few years in fact.

Damein walked around the hall and I followed him as he mentioned a few other names and how the rest of the night was going to go. There was going to be an opening ceremony to welcome them, a welcome speech, some dinner and then time to mingle or dance.

Knowing what werewolf parties were like, they weren't going to end till early morning, or late morning, and as an Enforcer I had to be present at all times.

Damien and Elliot disappeared again and I stood in a corner that I decided to claim as mine, just watching and people mingled, danced, kids screamed and others stuffing their face with pastries.

Some of the pastries did look good, and I was tempted to grab some myself.

The hall was nearly filled with Damien's pack, it was a very large pack but I guess most of the people that would live in town might also be part of it. Some were farmers in their non-werewolf life.

There were also more kids than I anticipated. With toddlers running around I was horrified that if one of them tripped over some lady in long stilettos, it would end up digging a hole in their arm.