Part 3 - Chapter Twenty-Nine

"You have to be kidding me,"

I gasped staring at the mirror, confused, then shocked. Where did it go?

I groaned, unsure of how Hercules was going to take this. I didn't even realise myself until I had come out of the shower and realised that my neck was incredibly itchy and I had a look to see if something had bit me.

No, instead the marks were gone. I wasn't sure if that meant I was no longer mated, but I felt no different.

"Hurry up, how long do you shower I need to pee," I could hear Cameron as he started banging on the bathroom door.

"Use the other one." I yelled back.

"Noel is in that one, hurry up Hill." he said.

I sighed, pulling the rest of my clothes on and opening the door. I grabbed Cameron by the collar of his shirt, pulling him into the bathroom and shutting the door.

His green eyes widened as he looked at me, "What are you doing?" he asked confused, "I would like to pee in privacy please." he said.

I reached up to the high neck on my sweater, pulling it down, "Look." I said.

"What am I looking at?" he asked, "I told you not to claw your neck when you scratched look how red it is." he said shaking his head at me.

"No Cameron," I said irritated, "The mark, it's gone." I said.

Cameron's eyebrows knotted as he looked down at me, then he grabbed my shoulders, turning me to the side so he had a closer look, "Holy shit." He said.

He pushed me into the centre of the bathroom where the light was brighter, "Hill!" he said, practically screaming, "What the hell did you do?" he asked.

"Why does everyone think it's my fault?" I asked, "I slept, and woke up and this was gone. I didn't do anything I promise."

"That's weird, Hercules will not like this."

"Like what?"

We both looked up to see Hercules standing in the doorway, we hadn't even heard the door open, "I heard commotion so I came to check if everything is ok?"

Hercules took a step towards us, his eyes going from our face to where Cameron was touching"What happened?" he asked, confused.

"I'm out of here for this conversation," he said, turning to leave when my mother decided to walk into the bathroom.

"What is going on here? Cameron why are you screaming honey?"

"Great." I muttered, pulling my sweater back into place. "We don't need a spectacle, there is nothing here to see folks." I said.

"Her mark disappeared." CAmeron said, outing me. Why did he get to be like that?

"What do you mean, let me see," My mother pushed by the boys grabbing my sweater and tugging it down, further then she needed to and I was worried she was about to rip my sweater.

"Mum stop," I said irritated as she shoved her face towards my neck, she didn't need to get that close.

"How can it just disappear?" Hercules asked.

"Can we just give me some space?" I asked.

"Illargia, what did you do?!" my mum asked looking at me.

"I did nothing, why does everyone always assume I did something." I took a step back putting distance between her and me as my mother pursed her lips, deep in thought.

I didn't care that the mark disappeared, but looking at Hercules and his face, I could tell that deep down he cares. I could see the confusion and doubt in his eyes and that made my heart hurt.

He was worried my wolf rejected him, but surely there had to be a more realistic reason as to why it disappeared.

"Tell me what happened, when did this happen?" my mother asked.

"I woke up, had a shower, and it's gone." I said. There wasn't a long story to it. My mother turned to Cameron, clearly not satisfied with my answer.

"So a few days ago Hill got hit by a silver arrow, so Hercules had to mar-," I sighed, tuning out of Cameron's not very quick story about why Hercules had to mark me. My mother kept looking between me and him, making me feel very uncomfortable. I subconsciously lifted my hand touching my neck which was still slightly itchy.

"Maybe it's gone because your body is fully healed. It doesn't need it anymore." my mother said, "you can try marking her again and see what happens, it's not a big deal anyway your father never marked me and we're fine."

Did not need to know that.

"Look we'll figure it out, can we all just not stand in this tiny bathroom, it's gross" I said, pushing past everyone to get out. I hated having that much attention on me, especially guessing about things when we had no idea.

My guess was that my dumb wolf had something to do with this, she was always up to no good.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" I asked Hercules when he stepped out of the bathroom. I could tell something wasn't right with him, so I made him follow me out the back door towards the apple vineyard.

I waited till we were a few metres away before looking up at him, "are you ok?" I asked.

"Of course." his reply was curt, sharp and to the point which made me think that he wasn't ok.

"You know it's probably what my mum said," I said as I opened the small fence leading into the apple vineyard, "it might just be because I'm fully healed."

"Probably." Hercules said.

I signed coming to a stop, "You're not ok." I said turning to face him. I looked into these grey eyes, sometimes I just wished they showed more emotion than just blankly stared at me.

"You know I don't care whether I'm marked or not." I said.

"You don't?" Hercules asked.

"No." I said taking a step towards him, I took his hand in my, interlocking our fingers as I looked up, "Regardless of whether my wolf wants to accept you or not, I do."

Hercules stared at me for a moment, before the tiniest smile showed, "You do?" he asked.

"All these years I was too scared of finding my mate, I just thought you would like me because of the bond but I forgot that my wolf was never really that strong in my life, her presence and her bond shouldn't dictate who I pick. So I pick you, that's if you'll have me." I said.

Hercules withdrew his fingers from me, momentarily thinking perhaps my life was just too much for him, but then his right arm wrapped around my waist pulling me towards him and his left hand threaded through my hair, tilting my head up.

"You're all I have Gia, I couldn't imagine you not being in my life."

I could feel my heart skip a beat as I felt his warm lips on mine, my eyes automatically fluttering shut.

I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him closer as I felt the fluttering sensation in my stomach.

I heard a low growl, his chest rumbling with it making me shiver as I wrapped my arms tighter around him not wanting to let him go. I felt his stubble brush against my check, prickling and tickling before he pulled back.

I opened my eyes, staring into his eyes as they darkened, "I waited two years too long for this." he said, as his lips were back on mine. In those two years I never thought what it would be like to miss his kiss.  

If you're enjoying this story please remember to take a moment to vote, comment and follow :)

Instagram: Imsooverpolice
Facebook: N.K.Pockett
Twitter: N.K.Pockett
Website: www.nkpockett.com