Part I - Chapter Seven

After a quick lunch, I decided to go for a walk to address the situation. The woods were quiet and allowed me to have a clean headspace to think about whether to update the report or not.

Damien has a point about how the Enforcers worked.

They would be roaming his territory in moments, into people's homes, pack details and— as much as they needed to do it – no Alpha liked to put the packs comfort and privacy away. They would think they were offering protection but in reality some packs found it more of a disturbance.

And then the Enforcers could start a war, killing the rogues without any warning could make other rogues turn back and start a war, but at the same time, the rogues would jump at any chance to start a war. I was often given information to kill rogues back in the day and I would never question why.

You sneeze, war.

You cough, war.

Hell, you blink, war.

I saw Smith approaching me from a distance waving as he called out my name, "What are you doing?" He yelled, breaking into a small job to meet me.

"Walking off the food I ate, I think I ate too much," I admitted, patting my stomach. I had to give it to Damien, he also had an excellent chef. Smith laughed, shaking his head as he fell in step with me as we walked.

The silence was quiet, and somewhat comfortable – which was expected.

"You should come visit Liz, she misses you," he said and I rolled my eyes.

I paused near a beautiful meadow and shook my head, "In due time Smith," I replied. He looked confused as I stared out watching the beautiful grass drift in the wind. I always wondered, who kept the grass trimmed to perfection?

It wasn't wild and overgrown like in a forest, instead all the grass was neatly trimmed like someone ran over it with a lawnmower, it was a big area to cover. But I guess if you had one of those lawn mowers you sit and ride on, it would be fun to mow the lawn.

Smith was shifting on his feet, no doubt feeling uncomfortable being this far away from the pack house with the safety of his Beta and pack alone in another packs' ground.

Alpha's were strong, no doubt if something went wrong he would be more than capable to look after himself, but in another person's territory, you had to be careful, and especially in an allies area, you had to make sure it was safe to walk around.

But lucky for him, I was here to watch his back, as much as Emanuel his beta would prefer taking matters into his own hands.

"Just ask me," I said as he shifted for the tenth time, I knew he wanted to ask me something, he was dying to, but was too scared, and that sort of entertained me.

"Aren't you thinking of settling down any-time soon, most people at your age are popping out pups by now."

I winced when he said popping out kids, "Is this your question or one from Liz?" I asked him.

I was not a baby maker and I don't think at this rate he will ever see me popping out kids as he so beautifully described it.

"I mean don't you want to settle down, be part of your own pack, I don't mean to intrude but I look at you like a sister, if my sister was still unmated and didn't have any idea who her mate is, I would worry," he said.

I rolled my eyes, yap, yap Smith.

"What if I simply don't want a mate?" I asked.

Smith frowned looking at me confused, like I just told him aliens existed, which would be a high possibility. If we existed, they probably did as well. I mean we were a form of alien because the definition of being something different and unfamiliar to humans would be shape shifting werewolves.