Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

"Titilola, Tolani, Tana ooo!"

Who's shouting laidis na?

Oh shoot! It was 9am! And all three of us were snuggled up in bed. Mummy would have our heads on a plate except for Laila though.
Lemme do and become bride too...

"Yes mummy!" I squealed.
The speech will not finish today
"Is this how you'll act in your husband's house? "

That one would be more of Laila's question than mine and Tana's.

"My friend! Would you people hurry up and get down here!!" My mum screamed from downstairs.

I'm sure her lungs would have hurt after that statement.
Nigerian mothers!

I found my self scurrying on my heels into the bathroom to freshen and prepare for the day's work.

I stopped at the bathroom door just as I was about opening it, I took a quick glance at the two creatures on my bed. They were acting like they didn't hear mummy's announcement.
Or did they?

They were still snuggled up and even changing sleeping positions!
I knew exactly what to do and I smirked at my sinister intentions whilst walking in to have my bath.

  I was all dressed up but those overgrown pigeons were still sleeping.
Lazy Nigerian youths!

The bowl of water was in my hand by the next minute and trust me to give them sweet baptism.Their screams were epic!

"Lola shey you want thunder to fire you?!"
"Titilola you're wicked"
"Which kind thing be this nau?"

They both kept whining but I stared back at them with a smirk, mentally prepping myself for the marathon race I'd have to run to avoid being pounced on by the wounded lions.
Lmao!

"Ehnnn I know, you people had better freshen up before mummy will shout this house down, I'm going o" I said shifting slowly towards the door.

"So that's what you have to say after this damage you've caused, no wahala, I must deal with you today" Tana said menacingly.

"Yes o Lola we die here" Laila joined in, wiping her face and stepping out of the bed.

I'd have to change those sheets later...
I thought before quickly remembering the two Avengers I had on the bed.

I ran straight for the door before Tana could get a grip, she was too slow.

I was out the door, running down the stairs.

I knew Tana wouldn't be behind me cause she dreaded coming out in the morning.

"Never to be caught looking unfresh"
Those were her words, but I still ran anyway.

That girl is full of surprises

Besides I had lots of work to do at the time. My sweet sister in-law was already in the kitchen, doing what she does best.

Her cooking is bam!!

"Sis Ima, good morning" I greeted with the sweetest grin I could muster, the tension in the house hadn't reduced much. The previous day's events had everyone on their toes.

"Sweetie, good morning" She said with her beautiful infectious smile, giving me a hug. I sighed into her shoulder, her hugs had always been comforting.

I always wondered how we became so close, I was cold to her at first when she was with my brother.

I guessed it was because of the stereotypical views of ladies from the "South south" part of the country. They always came across as promiscuous and lustful about wealth. Her family background didn't help matters, they were average Nigerians, not rich but comfortable. So we all assumed she was after Travis's wealth. Mum was on her neck for quite a while but the matter soon died down when she broke up with my brother telling him she couldn't be in a family that didn't respect her dignity and integrity. My brother was miserable, he became more withdrawn than he was supposed to be,he became so unkept and disorganized which was totally unlike him and  it was the same thing with Ima, when I saw her at the mall one day she looked like a shadow of herself. It was then I believed in her and I decided to help them get back together. I loved their love. Thankfully, mum saw it too and since my brother was her favorite she gave her consent, Dad of course was indifferent. And before we knew it Travis proposed and they got married, they were inseparable afterwards. They moved abroad soon after their wedding and that's where they had Tobi less than a year later.