Chapter Thirty two

Chapter Thirty two
****

Here I was, staring up at the massive building that I hadn't been to for several months. Felt like just yesterday when I succumbed to working here without a clue as to the massive secrets that held me bound at the time. I wasn't totally free but I was finally in the know for the most part, no longer left in the dark, blind to all those happenings.

I heaved a breath as I made my way inside, the sudden change in temperature taunting my nostrils and leaving me with goosebumps, it was freezing in here. I hadn't turned my air conditioner on while I was driving, I wanted to enjoy the wind, maybe if I did I wouldn't have been so affected by the office's temperature.

"Miss Lola?" I heard a familiar voice which I turned to immediately.

"Hi Stella." I waved with a small smile. She squealed and rushed over to give me a hug. That caught the attention of the rest people in the room probably awaiting various appointments.

"I'm so happy to see you!" She grinned.
No kidding.

I chuckled and went on to ask about her well being, we talked about some random stuff for a few minutes before she let me off with the words 'Stop by before you leave o'.  That indirectly meant I had to grease her palms before exiting the premises.

Typical Stella.

I found my way up to the top floor, it wasn't as busy as I expected it to be, I slowly made my way to the CEO's office, sashaying towards it but the secretary just had to impede my movement at that point.

"Excuse me ma." She said just before I could reach the door.

"Yes?"

"You can't go in there ma. Do you have an appointment?" She asked still munching on whatever was in my her mouth. I almost shook my head in disbelief when she took another piece and continued chewing on it, noisily, might I add.
Jesus!

"I'm a friend of Mr Oluwole." I stated simply, trying my best to ignore her unprofessionalism.

"Friend?" She eyed me somewhat mockingly. "Or play thing..." She muttered under her breath, but I heard her.
Oh no she didn't!!!

Deep breaths Lola, deep breaths.

"Friend." I gritted, I didn't want to lose my cool and cause a scene in an office environment.

"Name?" She asked nonchalantly.
"Titilola Gregg, is he in a meeting?" I asked.
"No. But you don't have an appointment. I'll have to ask you to wait till I inquire from my boss." I let her ramble on.

At least waste some saliva for wasting my time.

I walked out on her without looking back. I knew she was probably trying to get up and run after me, too bad the chubby thing was trying-let me rephrase-struggling to get off the small sized swivel chair.

I rapped on the door and walked in without getting a response, I slammed the door in the obnoxious secretary's face without a second thought.

I spun around only to lock eyes with him, we stayed locked in that heated stare down, we didn't even hear the secretary come in until she cleared her throat awkwardly. From the look of things, she had been standing there for a while watching the scene unfold and much to her dissatisfaction, no shit had gone down, yet.  I could already imagine her being the office gossip, giving the staff the low down of the goings-on in the CEO's cabin.

"Tseju, excuse us. Cancel all my meetings for the rest of the day." Tunji ordered, his eyes never left me as he did so.

"Sir?"Tseju answered rather dumbly.