Chapter Twenty five

Chapter Twenty Five

*****

"Are you okay?" He asked, startling me once again. My mind spiralled, going different directions. How could he even ask me that? But then again I hadn't told him anything ever since... I was sure he didn't know what else to say to me after he picked me up.

About an hour ago...

"Miss me already?" He chuckled.
"Hey..." I cringed at the sound of my voice, it was hoarse from all the crying I had done.
"Can you come get me, please?" I blurted out before I could hold back, I didn't want to be a burden but I had no where else to go at the time and going back to Tunji's place was not an option.

"It's okay if you can't come, I totally understand. You don't have to..." I blabbered, it almost felt like I was guilt tripping him when he shushed me.

"Its alright Lola, where exactly are you?"

"The junction, the one leading to Tunji's place"

"I'll be there in a few minutes, just stay put" He said hurriedly and hung up before I could dissuade him.

Ten minutes later, I saw him, rushing out of his vehicle, his suit jacket off him, his white dress shirt hugged his very masculine upper body. Very swoon worthy but I was in no state of mind for all of that. I rushed into his awaiting arms as I sobbed, his hands gave me soothing rubs and by the time I was stable, he led me into his car, made sure I was comfortable enough before driving off.

We stayed in silence as he drove expertly, the ride took about thirty minutes and I was beginning to wonder how he got to me within ten minutes. I suppose my befuddlement was fully expressed by my facial features as he went on to explain immediately.

"I was in the neighborhood when you called. For some reason, I found it hard to call it a night so quickly, so I stayed back and had a few drinks with the guys before your call came in" He stared at me like he was studying my expressions but I simply nodded in response, turning to look at the surroundings. I stepped out of the vehicle and stared at the beautiful house right in front of me. White washed walls with intricate marble designs, a chandelier that gave the place an ethereal glow, it was simply amazing. And it definitely wasn't the mansion Mr and Mrs Nnadi resided in.

"You live here?" I asked out of the blue, he raised an eyebrow at me in amusement.

"Of course I do, come on in" He chuckled and took me by the hand leading me into a more beautiful interior, nothing compared to what I had seen outside. I can't even begin to explain the interiors of this place, just magnificent.

"Welcome to my humble abode, miss Titilola Gregg" He gave a mock bow and I could only give a half hearted smile in return. He sighed before gesturing to a chair.

"Have a seat" I sat. "Would you like anything to eat or drink?" I shook my head in the negative, I had had my fill from our dinner date, not that I could bring myself to eat anything after everything that happened.

"I'll go freshen up, be right back" He caressed my left cheek a little bit before dashing up the stairs. I simply sat in a crouched position, my head on my knees , my hands around my ankles and my braids splayed all over, awaiting his return.

Back to the present...

"Honestly?" I asked, throwing him a cursory glance before going back to my initial position.

"Honestly" he stated, putting his large arms across his equally broad chest. He was in a simple white T-shirt and khaki shorts. He looked so good, I nearly forgot we were in the middle of a conversation. I gulped, heaving a breath before going on to narrate everything that transpired within the last few months. He listened with rapt attention, not interrupting, he only nodded and hummed a few times, but as soon as I told him about the marriage proposal he clenched his fists, his eyes filled with fury.