Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

****
Lola's POV

Words failed me. My feelings eluded me, I felt... Numb?
I can't bring myself to explain what I felt at that point.

I mean, put yourself in my shoes, imagine your whole life was a lie, some unresolved family feud, some tragic tale?! What a twisted story!

I couldn't cry, I couldn't speak, I just stared back at the narrator, the mum I had known, all my life. This silence didn't apply to me only though, we all just sat there, letting it sink in. Travis' outburst was the first thing I heard after the silence had stretched for a while.

"So you're telling me that I'm the result of an escapade you had with your first love? I'm not actually a Gregg? At all?" The sardonic chuckle that came after that had my heart aching for him despite my plight. At least, I was part of the family, whether they were my biological parents or not.

I finally gathered the courage to look around the room, I had been staring at my toes all morning.

Mum was crouched in a corner, seated on the floor. Her husband just sat there staring into space, his lips quivering. Gerald, my supposed father was busy wiping the tears that had managed to drop. Ima held on to her man, as he wept on her shoulder. Laila had her head on Grey's shoulder as well, his eyes were blood shot, so were hers as he caressed her hair slowly. I fought the urge to flee, as usual. I was tired of running away from everything, but I wasn't in anyway prepared to hear any of this. The facts were hard to grasp, in spite of how glaring they were, how on earth did my life turn into one of those cliche soap operas?! I desperately wished it was all some big prank, I honestly wanted it to be so.

I needed more answers, I had more questions, but we were all in our feelings, no words could be said.

My eyes met Laila's, she looked shocked, then her eyes flashed a glint a worry and anxiety. She did not get the reaction she was expecting.
Shocker huh?

I didn't blink, I said nothing, I just got up and headed straight for the stairs. I felt all eyes on me as I walked on, without looking back. Definitely not the reaction they were expecting.

I made my way to the bedroom, it was neat, my stuff were still in place. I sat on the soft mattress I had missed for months. Not that the one at Tana's wasn't comfortable or anything, but there's this sweet feeling that comes with using something that rightly belongs to you.

I took out my phone from my back pocket, turned on some good music and headed to the bathroom. It smelled like it was just cleaned up, I guessed they actually awaited my arrival, not expecting the unusual turn of events.

When I finished up, I donned a puce mandarin top with a pair of black jeans. I sat on my bed, still surfing through the net, searching for a suitable design for a client who had sent me her measurements sometime earlier. I heard a faint knock and urged whoever it was to come in. It was none other than my sister.

"Lola..."  She drawled, I stared at her with furrowed eyebrows.
"Say something" She whined, she looked like she was going to cry any minute now,but what exactly did she expect me to say?

"What do you want me to say?" I gave her a bored look.

"Titilola, I can't believe you just heard all that and you're not going to give me a reaction" Laila waved her hands frantically, came over and shook me by my shoulders urging me to say something repeatedly and that only irked me even more.

"What is it?!!!" I yelled, she flinched.
Good.

"What do you want me to say?"
"You want me to yell, the hell, I'm yelling. You want me to go bonkers?! Yes, yes I will." I flipped, and kicked everything in sight out of my way. I knew I was making a mess but all that didn't matter at this point, I just needed to vent it all out.