Chapter Thirty four

Chapter Thirty four

****
This feeling, this feeling was something I couldn't quite place my finger on, something words failed to describe, but I honestly did not want it to stop just yet. The butterflies in my belly probably sang hallelujah a thousand times over, the way he caressed my face as we kissed had me wanting more of his kisses. His tongue brushed my lower lip and I moaned giving him access into my mouth. I knew we had to stop at some point but me being caught up in the moment as I was, I fisted his collar, grappling it as he held on to me tightly. We finally stopped to catch our breaths, his forehead resting on mine. He stared into my eyes and I looked away suddenly embarrassed at how I conducted myself. It wasn't my first kiss but I surely had not been kissed for a very long time, if that distant memory was enough to go by.

I mean, my crush and I had a moment back in high school where we confessed our feelings and our lips met briefly. Unfortunately, he left the school about a week later, I never heard from him again. That tiny experience had to count for something right? Right.

"Hey."He rasped. I gave him a coy smile and he chuckled.

"I missed you and I just couldn't help myself when I saw you walk in looking like that." He confessed, eyeing my outfit with an emotion, I couldn't quite decipher at the time, displayed on his features.

"I'd take that as a compliment." I said cheekily. "I missed you too." I added.

"I'm sorry for not taking your calls, its been a rough week." I apologised.

"I could tell, anyways its fine, I wasn't angry, just worried about your wellbeing." He explained removing a strand of hair from my face. I nodded.

"You look beautiful, by the way." He complimented and for a moment there, I almost got lost in his hazel eyes. They were mesmerising.

"Thank you." I blushed, looking at anything but him.

"So what can I get you? Anything you want, I'll have it brought over here." He was picking up his intercom already.

"Dave, its fine, I already ate." I declined.

"Are you sure?" He asked again.

"Yeah, I'm good, thanks."

"No problem."

We sat in silence for a few seconds as I kept observing the interiors of his office.

"Your office looks really nice."

"Why, thank you ma'am." He said with a mock bow and I laughed.

"So what's been going on with you?"

"A lot." I answered with hesitance.

"You mind sharing?" He looked genuinely concerned but I wasn't going to let him in on my issues just yet. It was just too early for that.

"I can't tell you." I said honestly, there was no point running around the truth.

"And why is that?" He frowned a little. I thought anyone in my shoes would see this as a wise decision, to not let your new partner in on all your woes at such an early stage of the relationship.

"Do you know if I could be of help?
I mean, I don't want to wake up some day and see that you're getting married to someone else with or without your consent when I probably could have done something to help, it would break me more than..." He held his tongue, but he sounded really pained. What could he have gone through in the past that made him broken? I just couldn't probe just yet, that would be unfair to both of us, him letting me in and me still holding back. In all, I just wanted to take things slow. One step at a time.