Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

It's finally Saturday! Oh what a feeling!
No work, just chores.. Ugh.
"Wait for it... In three, two, one.... "

"Tolani!!,Titilola!!" Mummy screamed our names simultaneously.

The countdown was me waiting for that call along with Laila. Mummy couldn't sit with the fact that we did not have anything doing, as we had finished up our chores for the morning. For the record, it is typical of Nigerian mothers to dig up house chores at the slightest hint of inactivity from her children.

Trust me it's exhausting to have her around.

"Coming mummy!" Laila yelled pulling me along with her, down the stairs.
#Sister goals, I know right!

"Ehen, it's good you're here" Mom said, "I just fixed an appointment with the person who'll design your dress, she said she'll be here or if she can't make it, we'd have to meet her up next Thursday, so you might have to leave work earlier than usual that day, I might have to call your bosses" Mum gushed in a calculative manner, using her fingers probably to place more emphasis on what was being said. Her well manicured nails caught my eye.

Chai I'm jealous, this woman...

I made a mental note to visit the spa with the girls to get my manicure done later.

"Okay, mummy we've heard you, Lola must be here for everything, cause she's next." Laila said with a mischievous smirk.

She just has to rub it in that I'm single.

Be that as it may, situation?! very critical, I'm single to stupor!

I gave her a playful glare, mum giggled and the perpetrator of the cause of my embarrassment laughed like a hyena.

I'm so going to kill her.

"Lola relax, we'll find a suitable groom for you, since you want to follow the footsteps of your sister." My mom said that in the middle of laughter but I could tell she was serious. My eyes went wide immediately.

"No o, I'll find my groom by myself, thank you very much." I said almost rolling my eyes but I knew better than to do that in front of my mum.

"We'll see about that Lola, we'll see." She said in a calm tone, slowly assessing me before putting on her glasses and turning to her phone.

Weird right?

My sister and I took that as our cue to leave, after telling her about the outing with Tana later on.

Up in my room, I couldn't help but ponder on my mom's weird statements.

"You're thinking of what she said." Laila said in a matter-of-fact tone.

Why does she know me so well?

"Well...?" She asked when I was hesitant

"Okay fine, I'm worried they're going to arrange my marriage like they did yours..." I blurted whilst closing my eyes and opening them slowly. I thought she'd be mad at me but then she smiled

"Then go get a boyfriend before they do that." She shrugged.

"You make it sound like it's so easy" I pouted.

"I didn't say it is, but you have to, unless you want to get hitched with a guy you barely know."

"Says the person that was single to stupor." I muttered but of course she heard me.

"Be sharping mouth there o, at least I've dated a few guys but you've never had a boyfriend in your entire life."

Savage!